First Day

Amber's POV

I picked up the boxes from the moving van and placed them in my new house .

It wasn't exactly new though I was born in Derry and I never knew who my Dad was maybe he still lives here .

Not that my mom would tell me whenever I've asked about my dad she just ignored me or told me she isn't going to tell me and refuses to answer my questions so to this day I still don't even know his name .

Once me and my mom moved out of Derry when I was still a babe we lived in Florida until 16 years later she decided it was time we moved back for whatever reason .

The worst part was moving from all my friends in Florida not that I had many I only had two but it was more than here in Derry where I knew nobody .

***************
The next morning I woke up to my mom's shouting as I expected .

"Amber ! Wake up you have school"

"What's the point going to school for the final day before the holidays"
I replied .

"I don't care if it's the last day or not you're going . Maybe you will meet some friends"

"Because that's likely"
I muttered to myself .

I trudged down the stairs before getting on my bike deciding to ride it to school .

************

I made my lesson to my first lesson at this school which happened to be maths .

I attempted to get to the desk in the back left corner unnoticed which didn't exactly go to plan as the maths teacher said

"You must be Amber Johnson ?"

I stopped and sighed as everyone turned to look my way .

"Yes that's me"

"Right well I'm Mr Smith take a seat next to Henry over there"

He pointed at the desk on the third row next to a boy with a mullet who was glaring my way .

I sat down at the desk and tried to ignore his eyes burning into me until I began to get annoyed .

"What are you looking at ?"
I asked .

"Something disgusting"
He replied .

I stared at him in shock of how horrible someone could be especially to someone they don't even know before I turned around and tried to not feel hurt by what the Henry guy said .

The rest of the day went by uneventful and as I expected no friends was made .

That was until I saw the same guy Henry with three other guys picking on a group of kids that looked around two to three years younger .

I watched and grimaced as the bigger one of Henry's mates burped in the ear of one of the kids .

"You s-suck B-b-bowers"
A boy with a stutter said .

"Shut up Bill"
One of his friends said .

Henry then turned around looking rather pissed .

"You s-s-say something B-B-billy . You got a free ride this year because of your brother . That rides over"
Henry Mocked .

"Hey why don't you just leave them all alone and pick on someone your own size"
I shouted already sick of Henry

Henry glared at me and looks like he was about to say something most likely something spiteful until he's gaze caught over to a police officer which was looking at him sternly causing him to back off .

Once Henry and his gang had gone the boy that I presumed was called Bill said to me

"T-thankyou"

"No problem I've only been here for a day and the one called Henry has already managed to insult me"

"H-his The W-w-worst . I'm Bill and this is Richie , Stan and Eddie"

Bill pointed to a boy with curly hair that was Stan then another boy with curly hair but it was darker and he had thick rimmed glasses he was Richie and finally the shorter more tanned boy was Eddie .

"Nice to meet you all I'm Amber"

"We're going to the barrens tommorow would you like to come ?"
Richie asked .

I thought about this . I had nothing better to do and this could be a opportunity to make friends .

"I mean sure why not"
I agreed .

First chapter is up :)