The Truth

Warning minor mention of self harm

Amber's POV

I rode my bike home only to arrive outside it to see Henry Bowers in his garden next door shaking .

Why would he be shaking ? And why does he look like his about to cry ?

Henry noticed me and gave me a glare .

I glared back but stopped as I heard

"COME HERE BOY . DON'T WANT ME TO GET THAT BELT OUT AGAIN . DO YA ?"

My glare dropped as I heard Butch Bowers shouting before putting two and two together .

My eyes widened in shock before Henry's face appeared worried as if his secret was going to get spilt before he gave me one last threatening  glare whilst walking inside his house .

****************

I woke up the next morning to my mom shouting .

"Amber ! Someone's here to see you"

Who would want to see me ? I'm not meeting my newly met friends till around two ish so I doubt it would be one of them as they are seeing me later anyway .

I looked at my alarm to see that it said 9:00am

Jesus who would be round at this time ?

"Coming mom"

I replied and got ready as quickly as I could before making my way towards the door .

I was shocked to see none other than Henry Bowers .

"Why are you here ?"
I asked .

"Took you long enough . Now come with me"
He replied .

"Hell no . You're probably going to attempt murdering me or something"

"Shut up . No I'm not . Now come with me"

"Why?"

"Please"

I raised my eyebrow at the fact he said please before deciding to follow him .

"where are we going ?"

We stopped next to a place not to far from the barrens but thankfully the sewers weren't in view nor could I smell them .

I sat down on a rock before continuing

"So what do you want to say to me? I'm busy later so you should spit it out"

"I think you know what I want to say to you"

Henry said whilst sitting next to me on the rock .

"About what I heard last night ? Don't worry no one will find out"

"Good because if they do I will cut your fucking stomach out"

"You don't need to act like you do in front of me . I know your secret and I know the way you act is a cover up . At least now I understand why your such a ass to people"

"I can't act soft to you either"

"You hesitated . When cutting me you hesitated . Why ?"

"I don't know why"

"Yes you do you're just not telling me"

"You drive me crazy"

I looked at him in shock of his words .

"What ?"

"Don't even expect me to tell you anything else because I won't"

"I swear your bipolar Henry Bowers"

"No usually I'm just horrible to everyone"

"They don't deserve it ya know . You pick on the innocent"

"I just didn't want to be the only one feeling like shit so I decided to make other people's lives hell"

"As fucked up as that is it makes sense"

I knew how wrong and disgusting it was the way Henry treat people but I also knew he treat them the way he did because that was how he had been treated his whole life .

"You just need someone there for you"
I continued .

"nobody would ever want to be there for someone like me"

"I would"

"What?"

"You're not making me repeat that"
I said with a grin .

Henry held out his arm to help me up that was when I noticed the small scars lined up on his wrists that matched my own ones which had faded but was still visible .

"Henry ?"

"Don't mention it and I won't mention yours"

I looked down to see my sleeve had rose slightly revealing a couple of my scars .

"Deal"
I said before taking his hand allowing him to pull me up .

******************

"You know I meant what I said about been there for you . Remember that"

I reminded Henry before riding off to the quarry to meet Bill and the others .