Rock War

Amber's POV

The first thing I saw once we reached Mike was Henry towering above him with a rock in his hand which luckily didn't hit Mike in the head because Bev threw a rock Henry's way which hit him in the head .

"Nice shot"

"Thanks"

Mike crawled toward us as we all picked up rocks getting ready for what's next .

"You losers are trying too hard . She'll do you all you have to do is ask nicely like I did"
Henry mocked whilst grabbing his crotch .

The idea of Henry and Bev doing those things with one another annoyed me there was no denying that . Jealousy? Is that what I was feeling ? I don't know maybe .

My face must've turned into a frown because Henry was looking my way with a unreadable expression .

Ben let out a scream or should I say war cry before he threw a rock at Henry's head .

Bev then threw another rock at Henry causing him and his friends to pick up rocks aswell .

"ROCK WAR"
I heard Richie shout .

Rocks was thrown back and forth from the two groups . I had hit Belch three times and Victor once . What Henry said earlier had pissed me off so I made sure to lob one at him too even if I did feel bad when it hit him square in the face .

The next thing I knew Belch had thrown a rock my way which I failed to dodge as it hit my shoulder .

Eventually Belch and Victor ran off into the woods leaving Henry on the ground looking like he was about to cry .

It was then that I realised he wasn't crying because we won him in some stupid rock war he was crying because he had been beaten physically yet again .

I felt a intense guilt rise up as I thought of how I threw that rock at his face when I knew what he went through at home .

"Go blow your dad you mullet wearing asshole!"
Richie shouted .

"Guys I'll catch up I won't be long"
I stated to my friends.

They all gave me questioning looks but nodded nevertheless.

I sat down next to Henry .

"Just cry Henry . It's not like I'm going to say anything"

"Fuck You"

"I'm sorry I forgot at that moment in time ."

I watched as Henry began to cry before I pulled him into a hug which surprised me when he didn't pull away .

"I was just annoyed about what you said about Be-"

I paused as I realised what I was about to say but it was too late now .

"It's not true . I never did anything with her"

I felt relief flood in me for whatever reason .

"Why would you care anyway ?"
Henry continued .

I sat there awkwardly for a moment not knowing what to say so not processing what I was doing I pressed my lips to Henry's .

I pulled away when he didn't respond.

"I'm sorry that was my fault . I'll go now"
I muttered .

I got up and turned to walk away only to be stopped by Henry grabbing hold of my wrist and turning me around before he kissed me which I responded too . Our lips moved together perfectly .

Once the kiss had ended Henry and I parted ways considering I had to catch up with my friends .