Morven Stroud x Reader

I mistakenly thought it was soul TUSKS not husks... so uh, if you see tusks, I meant husks.

My body ached, I felt weak,... where am I? All I remember was making a deal with a Dremora- Oh shoot. I'm dead, aren't I? Yep...I knew it was a bad idea. I groaned in pain and my eyes widened when I saw I was a pale, misty blue. I was soul trapped, then? Darn it. Way to ruin my plans, Dremora. I coughed and then saw a guy who was also a pale, misty blue, wearing a hat come over to me. He held out his hand for me. I took it and stood up, my legs wobbly.

"Are you okay? I've never seen anyone fall that hard." His voice was silky and honestly a little bit annoying, but nonetheless, I nodded and sat down on a wagon. My back screamed at me. I winced and groaned. The dude frowned.

"Are you sure you're okay, miss? You did take quite the fall."

"Why would you care?" I grumbled. I heard a ghostly sigh from the guy, and he sat next to me.

"I'm sorry, I should have uh... introduced myself. My name is Morven Stroud the-"

"MORVEN STROUD THE BEST MERCHANT FROM HIGH ROCK?!" I squealed, straightening my posture in excitement, but greatly regretted it. I winced and let out a small whine.

"You know about me? I thought when I came down here no one would remember me. Hey, I could heal you...I have the ingredients to...you just have to pay me back with soul tusks. Not too hard to find around here." I groaned and laid down, whining.

"Morven, not trying to be rude, but...in case you forgot, I'm in pain. I can't bend over and pick soul tusks for you." Morven smiled.

"So, you're not okay..." He said quietly. I winced as he gripped my shoulders gently, pulling me up, "Laying down wouldn't be good for you." I leaned on him, not knowing what I was thinking at the time. I saw a light blue hue cross over his cheeks. He gently wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer.

And no

It's not weird

We're not doing this because we like one another (even though we just met)

He was doing this because he cared. Even if we just met, he still cares.

~

I was wrapped in his arms, sleeping soundly. He was a little weirded out at first, but got used to it. I was injured, after all. He thought about the soul tusks, and finally came to the conclusion that he didn't need the soul tusks that badly. He slowly grabbed his bag and went through it to find the ingredients. He sadly looked at my sleeping form, stroking my hair gently to keep me asleep. He sighed, seeing his breath in the frigid cold.

"I'm sorry about this." he whispered and pulled my shirt up just to show the bruised marks on my lower back. He cringed at the sight and quickly gathered some cold water and mixed the ingredients in. He splashed the water on my back, making me gasp and wake up.

"MORVEN!" I yelled. Morven jumped at my reaction and backed up.

"I-I I'm sorry...Uh...I...was trying to help you..." My harsh gaze softened as I felt my back stop hurting. I smiled a little whispering, "Thank you," in response to his stutters.

"Y-You're welcome...Hey, I never got your name." I blushed a little and sighed.

"Y/n. Y/n L/n." I said softly. Morven suddenly gasped.

"Y/n L/n like... THE Y/n? The girl who battled dragons to save a whole city?" I felt a light blue blush warm my face. Nodding slowly, Morven grinned. I frowned, feeling a tinge of pain in my spine. I winced and sobbed. Morven frowned.

"That was supposed to make you feel better..." Morven told me sadly. I grabbed onto his arm tightly, pulling him closer. The light blue hue on his cheeks got lighter.

~

A year later, which seems like eternity, my back pain got better. Morven and I were best friends, and he's the only friend I really have. Currently, Morven and I were laying down against the wagon, watching the active lightning and the whirling skies above us. I gently leaned on his shoulder, feeling him pull me closer. I moved my head from his shoulder to his chest, light blue dusting both our cheeks. I flipped so I was facing him. I got closer to him and saw the hue lighten up more.

"Aww..you're so adorable when you blush." I giggled. Morven looked to the side, not facing me to hide his blush. I made him look at me and pressed my lips to his. I felt so confident for some reason. Morven's eyes widened and I pulled back. The light blue hue was nearly white. I suddenly felt like I did something wrong, and got away from Morven. Morven looked confused for a split second and grabbed me and pressed his ghostly lips to mine. I was surprised and a few seconds later kissed back. He pulled me closer, feeling more certain about this. He pinned me against the wagon's wall, deepening the kiss. He pulled away from the heated kiss and went for my neck, biting and kissing here and there. I sighed, kind of enjoying the kisses. He pulled away and pressed his lips to mine again, the kiss quickly getting heated.

"M-Morven..." I mumbled in the kiss. Morven pressed himself against me, not leaving a single gap between us. Soon, we both pulled away, panting slightly. His cheeks were dusted light blue once again, as were mine. I leaned on Morven's chest, playing with his hair. He wrapped his hands around my waist, mumbling, "I love you" softly.

"I love you too." I mumbled back. I closed my eyes, relaxing. He wrapped his legs around me, cradling me basically.

Maybe being trapped in the Soul Cairn wasn't the worst thing to happen to me?

999 words

Art by me (I'm not good at drawing humans....)