A Generous Moment

Shadows POV

*3 hours later*

I was on the couch watching TV. After I brought Sonic home I've been sitting here bored. I'm not even watching anything since nothing's on and it's only on for sound. I let out a sigh and heard Sonic groan and stir. He sat up on his palms and groaned again.

"What happened? He mumbled obviously thinking he was alone.

I finally looked at him. "So you finally woke up," I said as Sonic jumped and looked at me startled.

"S-shads?" He asked and blushed a little in embarrassment.

"Yeah that’s me, Faker,” I said as he shifted a little. “How do you feel?” I saw him try to look around, think, when he jerked back with a hand on his head looking at me and groaning.

“Have a headache,” he said glancing down, “other than that fine,” he added with a faint grin.

I nodded and stood up. “Stay here,” I said and went in the bathroom and got some headache pills then some water from the kitchen. I came back and saw Sonic playing with some thread from chaos knows where. I sat down and handed the cup and pills to him.

“Take these,” I said with a bored tone. He took the cup and pills, eyeing them suspiciously and looked at me. “They wont kill you, Faker,” I stated and watched as he tentatively took them and set the cup aside.

He smiled, “Thanks, Shads!” He said and laid back down.

“No problem, Faker,” I let a small smile show as I looked at him getting comfortable again. I started getting lost in thought when shaking shook me out of it. I saw Sonic shaking a bit and grabbed a blanket off the arm of the couch that I was leaning on. I gave it to him and he thanked me again and wrapped it around himself.

If only I could be under it with him... I looked at him sadly and he looked in thought.

“Why are you being so nice to me all of a sudden?” He looked at me with curiosity and slight happiness.

I looked at him with confusion. I didn’t know myself to be honest. "I don’t know I just felt like it,” I said and leaned back getting more comfortable.

He smiled a little at the thought of my generosity and got under the blanket more.

I was getting bored after a few minutes and turned back to Sonic to see him blushing for some reason. “What’s wrong, Faker?” I thought there might have been something wrong.

He looked at me shaking his head and trying to go further under the blanket. He looks cute doing that, I shook my head at him.

“N-nothing,” he said and blushed worse than before.

I looked at him questionably and looked away, not believing him. I needed to do something instead of sitting here or else I’ll start to go to sleep.

“Do you have friends?” Sonic said out of nowhere which made me look at him and think.

He looked at me intently with curiosity in his sparkling eyes which got me lost for a moment. “Yeah, why?”

He thought about it for a second and shook his head. “I don’t know. I wanted to make sure?”

I knew he honestly didn’t know why after he said that. I started thinking since I had nothing better to do at the moment. “What do you want to do?” I said and turned to another channel getting bored of hearing the same show.

“Go for a walk,” he said and smiled a little.

“Alright,” I help him up as he takes the blanket off. As soon as he finally stood up he yelped in pain and bent his leg back, keeping pressure off of it. “What’s wrong?” I asked alarmed. He hadn’t really even done anything and it caught me of guard.

“M-my foot hurts!” he said and started to worry.

I tell him to sit back down so I could look at it. I grabbed his foot, which his shoes had been removed when I let Sonic rest on the couch, and moved it a small bit. He cringed in pain held in a breath. He relaxed when I set it down and put the blanket back over him.

“It might be sprained, Faker,” I saw him groan and pout and wrap up more in the blanket trying to process the situation.

“Now what?” He said depressed a lot that he can’t use his leg for a while.

“Anything you want to do,” I sat down next to his head, “it doesn’t matter to me.” I propped his leg up on the arm of the couch and put a pillow under it. He blushed when I put his head in my lap. “What is it, Faker?” I smirked and looked at him.

“N-nothing,” he stuttered and looked away from me quickly. I shook my head and turned back to the TV. He sighed and got under the blanket a little more.

I was lost in thought about Sonic’s actions just now. Why did he stutter and look away like that. Is it possible that just maybe he feels the same?

“How long until it heals?” Sonic’s voice brought me out of my thoughts.

“It’ll be a couple weeks,” I told him and heard him sigh.

“What am I supposed to do until then?” he mumbled to himself.

“I’ll stay with you to make sure you’re okay, Faker,” I said and saw him smile brightly.

“Thanks, Shads,” he started to curl up a little, “I’m gonna get some sleep now,” he yawned and closed his eyes.

I smiled and got another blanket from the back of the couch. I layed down so he was on top of me on his back and put the blanket over both of us. I turned the TV off and held him closer to me, protectively, to keep him warm and make sure he wouldn’t fall. I put my head on his, closed my eyes and fell into an amazing sleep.