A Little Present

Shadow's POV

Why did I do that?! Now he's gonna be suspicious of me! I was frantically thinking negatively about this situation. I looked at Sonic who looked like he was else where.

"I'll put the cards away," I said.

He nodded and covered up more into the blanket trying to be warm.

I stood up and took the cards putting then in the box then went to put them back. Sonic snuggled up further in the blanket when I snuck a glance at him. I left and went upstairs to my room.

This'll be terrible if he asks me if I like him or not. I would so love to freely cuddle with him and all but he would deny my affection for sure. I put the cards on a shelf on my desk and walked down the stairs and sat on the couch.

"So what do you want to do now?"

Sonic uncovered his head. "Anything that won't bore me to death I guess," he said.

I nodded and sighed not knowing what to do. Sonic looked in thought as he looked at me. "I kinda want to go to sleep right about now," he said and got under the blanket again.

I nodded and made sure he was comfortable. I pulled the blanket over him a little more and propped his foot up a little bit. He blushed faintly and I had to be quick to see it. I sat back down after that and looked at him. He melted in the blanket's warmth and cuddled it more. With that he fell asleep.

I heard his soft snores and smiled a little. I looked at him and thought about doing something for him for once. I sighed and rested my head on my hand on the arm of the couch. I had started thinking about the kiss and my feelings.

I still can't believe I did that though. I mean one second I'm tickling him the next I was kissing him! I really like him but - UGH! This is so confusing! I'll break soon if I'm not careful and he'll leave me forever.

But I then grinned as I thought about what I could do for him that he'll love. I stood up and put my shoes on. I looked over at Sonic one more time before opening the door and stepping out closing it softly behind me.

~2 hours later~

Sonic woke up when I was going up the stairs to my room. I heard him yawn and stretch as I closed my door. I was writing something on a card I was going to give him. I jumped when I heard something hit the floor and I came down the stairs. Sonic smiled over at me when I started walking to him. I saw a book on the floor and figured that's what hit the floor.

"What do you need, Sonic?" I asked standing in front of him.

"What are you doing?" He looked at me with curiosity.

"It's a surprise," I said with a smile.

He looked at me and nodded and layed back down. He snuggled in the blanket again and frowned a little like he wanted something else with him but I dismissed it and started walking away. "Tell me if you need anything," I said and walked up the stairs.

"Okay," he said and looked at the TV. I sighed at my door wishing I could snuggle with him and walked into my room.

~30 mins later~

I came back down the stairs holding 2 things behind my back. "I have a present for you, Sonic," I said as I walked over to him.

He looked at me half asleep which made him look cute. Don't think about that right now, I thought as he yawned adding to the cuteness.

"What is it?" He asked with curiosity.

"Close your eyes and hold out your hands," I said.

He sighed and closed his eyes and held out his hands. I gave them to him and told him to open his eyes. He opened them and gasped lightly and smiled not expecting anything like this from the black hedgehog. He looked at the roses in a vase and card.

"Well? Do you like it?" I asked as he was still in amazement. He set the vase down on the table and looked at the card. He read the card and looked art me smiling brightly. "You didn't have to do all this,  you know."

I sat next to him looking at him. "I know but I wanted to. I thought you kinda deserved something from me anyway since I don't really give you anything."

I watched him put the card down next to the vase. "Well I really like it. And I appreciate you wanting to do something nice for me, Shads, really." He leaned over and kissed my cheek lightly, blushing a little.

I blushed hard not expecting that and looked over at him. "What was that for?"

He shrugged. "I just thought you deserved it is all," he said with a smile. I smiled back and hugged him softly but securely. He hugged me back and blushed slightly looking adorable.

"Also so you know I just thought you would feel a little better at least if you had a little present," I said and broke the warm hug looking at him again. He smiled warmly and pulled the blanket over himself once more and snuggled into it like usual.

Hmm he looked so happy when I gave him his surprise. He even kissed my cheek and hugged me. Maybe he likes me too and is just nervous I'll reject him. I looked at him and smiled. Maybe I'll show him when the time is right. I decided to go to sleep and layed down with Sonic like I had done before and feel into a peaceful sleep.

A/N: This would've been posted before noon or shortly after yesterday but I get distracted really easily. Yesterday I typed a third of it because I decided to do it kinda late a while after I was distracted by reading a comic. But here it is so sorry about the extra wait.

-Stay cool Pikas!