Chapter 6

Toni's POV

The events of last night washed over me, her warm embrace felt safe, she was damaged. We were damaged, no one understood how I felt until she came along. The desire to feel another persons touch was so comforting but in the same sense it was frightening. No one has ever made me feel the way that she did but I longed for more. Years I was starved of human affection and in a few short days I finally found what I was searching for. Her burning passion fulfilled that one thing I was missing,  human empathy. But it dawned upon me that if any of this came out then we'd be ruined. The students that attend Riverdale high aren't really fond of the LGBT community, the last openly gay student (Kevin Keller)  was unfortunately driven out by the bulldogs. 
That's the one thing that terrified me the most,  being driven out of Riverdale high. My friends are there and the person I have feelings for is also there I don't want this to go to shit just because of my sexuality. Weeks have passed since my first encounter with Cheryl but I'm still intruged by her. She's like that one cold case where you finally think you're getting somewhere with a lead but the lead dies leaving you with the question "what the fuck just happened"

I don't know if what Cheryl and I have could carry on so we needed to savor every moment we had together. was this lust or was it love? 
I wasn't to sure on what it was but I knew that at this moment in time it was the only thing worth going to school for. 
I approached the sports hall for vixens tryouts because my cousin who attended Riverdale high was a former cheerleader and she said it got her far in life but everyone knows she 's now a southside prostitute,  oh well at least its something to get extra credit for. 
I walked the locker room and changed into the less than desirable yellow and white gym clothes, all these other girls looked perfect in the uniform as if it was made solely for them however on me,  I don't know what it was, but something just didn't feel right. I'd just finished changing when I felt a looming presence standing over me and before I could turn around I was slammed hard into the bench.
The voice growled "you didn't deliver topaz, you failed us. You know what happens when you fail us don't you"
I felt my cheeks burning and the blood swiftly starting pulsating about my temples. I knew who it was and I had indeed failed him, but what he asked me to do: I simply couldn't deliver it.
The tears started to formate in my eyes and I could feel my heart beat grow stronger.
His strong masculine hands wound my hair into his grip and dragged me up with force. He shoved me into the lockers and released my hair from his grip, he then turned his attention to my throat. He cupped both of his hands around my neck and then his grip tightened like a viper restricting the blood flow. I could feel the colour drain from my cheeks, I closed my eyes and tried to inhale some air through my nose but it was no use, his grip just increased in intensity. I wanted to scream but I couldn't. This could've possibly have been the end until the sensation of his hands around my throat had disappeared and I found I could finally breath again. I opened my eyes and I found the aggressor on the floor bleeding, I looked up and there I saw Cheryl holding up a baseball bat that was covered in his blood. I collapsed into her arms and I could feel the relief vibrating from the both of us.
She made me feel safe, when I was in her embrace.
"TT, who was that man?"
I knew that If I told her, everything we had built in those small encounters would be destroyed and I couldn't risk it. So I avoided the question and asked if she could take me back to my grandfathers trailer on the Southside and he would look after me. She refused to let me out of her sight so she found the empty classroom that had been shut by the school due to some weird board game cult started by the current parents of Riverdale, they called themselves the midnight club, the desks had initials carved into them and the particular desk I was sitting at had the initials FPJ carved into it.

We found an awkward silence that neither of us have ever experienced before in our 'relationship".
"Cheryl, I wanted to thank you for helping me"
She didn't respond she just pulled my closer to her and pressed her lips against mine. There was a burning passion shared between the two of us and a flame of desire started to grow in the pit of my stomach. Cheryl pushed me back onto the desk and went to kiss my neck but I winced as my neck was still sensitive from his grip being tightened around it. The tears started welling in my eyes once more and I whispered "I'm sorry" to Cheryl.
I had to tell her who he was.
"Cheryl, that man that you hit for me. His name is Jordan or sweet pea as we call him in the serpents.... he's my boyfriend"