Chapter 6 : Nightmares

Some talk about Self-Harm is lowkey involved in this story! Please do not read if you aren't comfortable with that.

Y/N's POV

The door of my old childhood home creaked open and while I trotted through the door I pushed a cobweb out of my face. Beetlejuice and I decided to drive down to go on a day trip, and he thought I could face my fears of the years of abuse I had gotten from my entire family.

Every step I took in that house was sending chills up my spine. The fears I had of revisiting my old house were now finally right in front of me and I knew I needed to face them, I just didn't know how. Memories now started flooding back into my mind.

The long nights I spent staying up, just crying myself to sleep. The way people would mock and bully me for always having bruises or cuts on my face. The blood I shed in the shower as I cut many deep scars into my pale thighs, that still to this day haven't faded.

My eyes shut tight and a tear falls from my eye. It had been so long since I had been here, but it all still looked the same. I dragged my feet towards my old bedroom, the only place I had felt safe as a child. I shudder as the door opens and I glance over to the old cupboard that was still locked. My family used to say it was haunted with evil spirits to scare me, but it never actually was frightening.

Suddenly, my old bedroom door slammed shut behind me. I spin around and rush towards the door, bashing my hands against the hard wood.

"Beetlejuice! Are you okay??" I ask, concerned about him. I chant his name three times but..

There was no response.

Now with fear rushing through my mind, I start yelling his name and trying to break through the door. In the act of pounding on the timber, a familiar deep voice comes from behind me. Twisting around, my eyes are set upon the cupboard.

"What are you doing back here, bitch!"

First, it was just an arm sticking out. But then the rest of the limbs and the torso came out. The body parts crawled together and connected, creating a person. Not any person, though. My stepfather. The very man that had abused me for so long.

Falling to the ground, I land on my back but sit back up and begin crawling backwards as the man starts to hobble towards me. My back reaches the door, and I now realise I'm cornered by him. With my eyes shut tight, my cheeks red as roses and face covered in tears, I begin to hear rivalry and fighting noises. One sounded like a grunting as the unknown beings were hitting and punching each other, and one was a person falling to the ground.

I open one of my eyes and see Beetlejuice in front of the cupboard, standing over the mans body and panting heavily with blood dripping from his nose and his cheek bruised. Both my eyes open and he's now facing me and softly smiles at me, to reassure that we were safe.

Oh how was he wrong. Out of the cupboard, the head of a sand worm popped out. Fear rushed through my body as it rushed towards Beetlejuice, and as it took BJ by the leg I let out a piercing scream, which was enough for the sand worm to let him go.

But I was too late. One of the many heads of the sand worm had taken a massive bite from his body. In front of me lay a nearly dead, lifeless demon. On my hands and knees I crawl hastily towards Beetlejuice's body and see him still breathing. Tears burst from my eyes and I can't stop apologising, thinking this was all my fault.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Please tell me how I can help. Please Beetlejuice. I love you so much." I beg, stuttering on my words as I burrow my head into his chest.

As his eyes begin to lose any sight of life, he whispers something into my ear.

"Wake up, Y/N."

-

I jolt up in my tear and sweat covered hospital gown and rapidly turn my spinning head towards the person grasping my hand tight. It was Beetlejuice. I erupt into more tears and pull his confused face towards me.

"Are you okay Babygirl?! Hey, shh shhh. You're gonna be alright. It's only me. I've got you. You're safe."

We hug for god knows how long, and he started to whisper things in my ear to calm me down and stroked my h/c hair. My breathing slowed and my tight grip on his broad shoulders released. As I glanced over at the clock on the wall I noticed how late it was at night and I rubbed my red swollen eyes and yawned.

In that moment, before laying down I start to slightly panic but then ask BJ a favour.

"Can you please uh.. sleep in bed with me? I don't want to have another nightmare." I glance down feeling a little embarrassed at my request, but he responds in a whisper with

"Sure thing babes, anything for you." He winks at me and I scoff at the silly nickname.

He pulls the cover back and lays down next to me, giving me room to nestle into his somehow warm body. I pull the blanket over the top of us and just before I drift off into sleep I feel a soft peck on my head.

I nuzzle my face into his neck and he wraps his strong arms around my frale body. Resting my left arm on top of his chest, I sigh deeply before falling into a deep sleep.

———————————————————————

Hey whats up! I like the idea of this chapter, I've always wanted to write something like this and right at the end it was nice to write about sleeping cause I'm hella tired right now.
Also holy shit, over 750 reads I think!! Seriously this is crazy, just thank you for reading this. I know most of you only read it cause you're bored or whatever but to the people who actually stick around, thank you. I really enjoy writing and you guys are making me want to do it more by supporting me. Love y'all!

By the way, the art creds are just from google, or this one is from a YouTube video! If anyone wants I'll link it in the next chapter (comment if u do) x

Thanks for reading <3
-lils