Chapter 8: Not So Invisible (On The Roof)

N/A POV

Later that night, you were woken by some strange noise, probably some type of animal. You glance over at BJ's sleeping body and smile at his cute, soft snoring. Then you untangle yourself from his arms and make your way upstairs, towards your room.

As you get inside, you notice tapping on your window as well. You walk closer to it and see that a raven is tapping on the glass in order to get into her room.

Y/N's POV

I reach over to the golden latch and unhook the window to let the bird in. When I take a closer inspection, I notice that the birds wing has been broken. Probably by some animal. Poor little thing! What creature would do this to it?

I think these things to myself as I sit the bird down on my bed and pour some water out of my bottle and into the cap. As that happens, I feel a cool breeze on the side of my face and some of my h/c hair flies into my face, getting in the way of my vision.

I spin myself around and begin to walk towards the somewhat expanded window. When I was a child, to get away from everything I just sat on the roof for hours on end. Not doing anything specific, usually just lying down looking at the clouds pass by. Nobody seemed to care, and if they did care about my whereabouts they definitely wouldn't look up there. It would seem crazy, a 7 year old on the roof of a two story building.

One foot behind the other, I find myself standing on the ledge of the roof. I glance over the edge and my stomach drops. Not that I was afraid of heights, just the idea of falling made me feel nauseous. I then turn to my right and behind climbing onto the flat part of the roof in order to find a place to lie down.

Once I had found a place, without a sound I placed myself in the middle of the surface and my eyes watered as the cold air hit my naked eyes. Gazing at the stars often made me lose my sense of surroundings, I didn't even notice Beetlejuice climb up beside me and mimic my position.

"Wow." He breathes as he takes in the beautiful view of the Milky Way.

"Yeah." I mumble, unable to move my lips much from the frozen atmosphere.

Then in sync, BJ and I both turned towards each other, still lying but now face to face. We both blinked a few times before faintly laughing at our synchronised movements.

"That was weird." BJ states

I just nod my head in agreement and continue staring into his deep eyes without blinking. I know I've thought this before, but he seriously has the most beautiful eyes. Even if he is dead.

"I know I'm hot, no need to stare." He flirts jokingly but I don't take reaction. I just shift myself closer to him. I notice his face now turning pink, and I grin at his reaction.

As I stare deeper into his gaze, my heart pounds and blood rushes through my body. And then the idea pushed itself into my brain. I knew it wasn't a mistake.

I like-liked him.

"There's something I need to tell you." I blurt out, then furrowing my eyebrows in confusion of where that came from.

He raises an eyebrow and moves all his attention to me, looking as though he was intrigued on what I might say.

"And, I get if you don't feel the same way. I mean it's happened to me before so I get it you don't understand or you just want to ignore it completely and-" I try to say but am cut off once BJ placed his soft hand on my cheek.

"Just say it. I'll understand. I promise."

A deep breath erupts in my lungs and I musk up the courage to finally say the sentence.

"I like you. No. I like like you. Like I like you as in not friend like, like more than a friend like. More than best friends. I like you like you." I stutter on my messy sentence and once I realised what I had said my hand flew over the top on my mouth and my eyes widened.

"Fuck." I mutter

BJ was just sitting there in complete shock. He opens his mouth and tries to say something, but nothing comes out. Biting my lip I shake my head and stand up. BJ tries to grab my arm but I move backwards.

I knew it was too good to be true.

I rush towards the window before he can say anything. Just before I duck through the window I turn and see him staring at me. He then proceeds to snap his fingers and disappear. A tear escapes from my eye and I lower my head to escape back into my room.

I put my hand out and pet the sleeping raven with the back of my index finger. I then rub my eyes and wipe the tears. Sitting down on the bed felt like heaven and I soon forgot about the worlds problems and fell unconscious.

———————————————————————

Yoza. Really sorry this chapter took so long, I just didn't know how I wanted it to end. I also really need suggestions so please comment or reply to the thing on my page cause I don't even know what to do.
Anyways

Thanks for reading!
-lils