Prologue

Ring Ring! Ring Ring!

At 10 p.m., the phone echoes in the silent house.

Who the hell calls at this time?

I ignore it, figuring Maisie will answer it. She loves doing that.

The phone rings for a while. That's odd. Maisie isn't answering it. I stop in the middle of my sketch for a tattoo to put on my arm and go down to answer the phone. The steps creaking under my feet echo eerily.

I get to the living room and reach for the phone. When I touch it, the phone releases a quick, green flash that burns my eyes and fingers. I'm momentarily stunned, but I soon come back to my senses. Then I feel a breeze behind me, as if someone had passed by. I turn around and scan the area behind me, but there's no one there, just the still shadows of the house. Still, I can't shake off the uneasy feeling of being watched.

The ringing, which had previously stopped, starts up again. I pick up the phone.

'Hello?'

'Hello...Robin.'

-----------

Hi guys this is the first time- well not exactly the first time I'm writing but it's close enough. I am truly sorry if this story may seem a bit of a bore but just bear with me please I promise it will get interesting.

BTW, I need someone to make me a cover I can't do one myself so...

Send me your ideas on my Instagram account:

@mayadeboss

Thank you for taking time to read my story I really appreciate it!!!!