Breaking Away

"How do we shoot this thing?!" Torch said in a panic as one of the ships was trying to attack them. The trio was making fast dodges and some were very close calls.

"How are we supposed to know?!" Minty said. "How about this button?" Minty pressed a blue button. It was the button where you shot a homing shot. The shot had homed on the ship that attacked them and it exploded on impact.

"Woah," Astrid said quietly in curiosity afterward. "Let's try some more!"

As more fighter ships attacked, they used the homing shots a little more. They giggled a little bit as they used the powerful weapon.

They didn't know they were heading farther and farther from Star Belt and closer to one of the larger, capturing ships of Icetritia. When they got close enough, a squad of ships surrounded them. They had deployed some sort of chain that attached to the ship. The squad was bringing them inside the bay of the huge cruiser that loomed above them.

"No!" Astrid exclaimed, clearly panicked. "Not yet! This isn't what we had planned!"

"I know!" Minty said, backed against the wall of the cockpit. She tried to think the situation through but she couldn't, because she wasn't in this situation before.

When they landed in the bay, the tough, glass cover of the cockpit opened and three high rank pilots of Icetritia dragged them out forcefully and roughly. The three were stunned for a few seconds before getting up slowly.

"Boys!" A loud, gruff, and commanding male voice said, clearly addressing the three pilots. "They're only kids! Be a little more gentle would ya?!"

The three pilots nodded and saluted respectfully. Clearly the commanding voice was a general of sorts.

Then he looked at the Star Belt kids and he took out a walkie-talkie of sorts and he started to talk with King Tiberius himself.