*CHAPTER ONE*

Although this warning might not be taken cause it kinda doesn't matter, but there is SWEARING in this Chapter. I will give a warning at every chapter containing this, but again it doesn't really matter.

5 YEARS LATER:

"The Kaiju are learning our defences. They're adapting. Evolving. And we're losing Jaegers faster than we can build them. Lima. Seattle. Vladivostok. Category 4 Kaiju's are now coming though the Breach. I think even you can see, Marshal, this is no longer a safe strategy. The frequency of the attacks has increased. The Jaegers are not the most viable line of defence anymore." The U.S president complained. I couldn't believe they wanted to shut down the Jaeger program. 

 "I am aware. Those are my rangers that die every time a Jaeger falls which is why I'm asking for one-" 

 "Excuse me, Marshal." 

 "last chance." Pentecost argued against them, but they wouldn't listen. 

 "Excuse me." 

 "One final assault with everything we've got." He cried louder. So loud that the British representative couldn't get a word in and nobody seemed to listen as Pentecost over powered them all. 

"The Jaeger program is dead, Marshal. On the other hand, the coastal wall program is a promising option." The British man spoke. Are you kidding me. They really think a wall can protect a city from a might Kaiju. What makes them think if a Jaeger can be taken down that a wall is suddenly going to stop them? 

"The world appreciates all that you and your men have done, but its over." The U.S representative apologised. "We will authorise you to take all remaining Jaegers to the last battle station, Hong Kong. We're prepared to fund you for the next eight months while the coastal wall is completed. After that, you will receive no further support." 

"You have your answer, Marshal." Another man spoke. They all then disconnected and Pentecost was left staring at a blank screen. 

"So that's it? Its over?" Tendo cried, looking to me. He seemed broken. 

"They're all idiots. What makes them think a bloody wall is going to stand in the way of a Kaiju!?" I yelled as Pentecost stepped down.  

"Suits and ties, flashy smiles. That's all they are, Stacker." Herc commented as Pentecost took one of his pills. Once he swallowed he looked to Herc, than to me. 

"We don't need them." He then walked out and I followed close behind. 

"Marshal, what exactly are we going to do. We both know this stupid idea of a wall is never going to work." I complained. Marshal then stopped in his tracks and turned slowly towards me. 

"Yes, we both now very well that this idea is never going to work." He replied finally coming to look at me. Straight in the eyes with an intense expression. "And I'll tell you what we're going to do about it." Another paused occurred as he started to walk down the hall again. "We're going to retrieve Becket." My eyes budged as he turned a corner and left to take off in his helicopter. Suddenly Herc was running down the hall, gear already on and I didn't get to process what Pentecost fully said before I asked what was wrong. 

"What's going on?" 

"Kaiju attack. In Sydney." He then picked up his pace and ran faster. Hercules and Chuck Hansen. Father and Son duo. They controlled the Jaeger Striker Eureka. I was extremely jealous of them at times because I still didn't have a Drift compatible partner since...since, "Come on Ivory, they're gonna need your help and expertise skills." One of Marshals controllers called. I nodded my head in reply and headed straight to the control room as I heard the gates of the bay for Jaegers open.

-

Long hours later and Marshal was finally on his way back. For about the 5th time I watched the review of the attack that occurred in Sydney, growing angrier at the stupid idea of walls protecting our cities from monstrous Kaiju. 

 "I'm here in Sydney, where earlier today yet another Kaiju attack took place. The Kaiju, an enormous Category 4 broke though the coastal wall in less than an hour." The reporter explained. I watched as the shark fin like Kaiju smashed though the wall that was supposedly going to keep us safe. Why cant people get though their thick skulls that a Kaiju can take down a Jaeger, what makes them think a bloody wall is going to change that. "The Wall of Life had been deemed un-breachable by its builders..." Oh really. Well were these builders told that a Kaiju can take down 100 like feet of metal. No! I don't think so! If a bloody Jaeger is not 'un-breachable' what makes them think a fucken walls gonna do. Losing track, I payed attention when Herc and Chuck where brought onto the screen. "Ironically, it was the recently decommissioned Jaeger, Striker Eureka piloted by Herc and Check Hansen that finally took the beast down." A video played of Striker punching the Kaiju in the face as it grabbed its neck. Striker than punched the creature in the face again, uppercutting hard. The Jaeger than threw the Kaiju into a nearby building. Striker than reviled his air missiles from his chest and fired them at the Kaiju, killing it. Chuck's voice then came from the video and I couldn't help but scrawl. 

 "Look, they decommission the Jaeger program because of mediocre pilots. Its that simple. That's Striker Eureka's tenth kill to date. It's a new record." He smiled at the camera and I gagged as the reporter in the field asked him a question. 

 "And you're still going to Hong Kong, even at a time like this?" 

 "Well, orders are orders. What else am I supposed to do?" I stopped the video and was ready to throw my phone across the room. A knock then came from my door and I placed my phone on my bed. Walking up I peeped though the hole and opened the heavy door as quickly as I could. 

"Mako? Why have you got umbrella's?" I questioned her. Mako is my adoptive sister. When my parents died, Pentecost took me and Josie under his wing and shortly after we had another sister, Mako Mori. 

 "There is no time to explain, but you must come with me to meet Marshal." I then followed her as she headed down the hall. It seemed like seconds later when we reached the door, umbrella's up, rain bucketed down. Standing close to Mako we watched as the helicopter landed waiting for Pentecost and his special guest.