*CHAPTER ELEVEN*

How quickly that attack came. It was maybe the next day that everyone was called to the controls bay. Raleigh and I went together, Mako by my side. 

"Excuse me." Raleigh said, pushing some people past and pulling me, who pulled Mako though.

"Breach was exposed at 2300 hours." Raleigh, Mako and I got to the front to see Tendo pacing up and down, addressing the crowd, Pentecost, Herc and Hermann behind him. "We have two signatures, both Category 4s. Code names, Otachi and Leatherback. They'll reach Hong Kong within the hour." "Evacuate the city. Shut down the bridges." Pentecost yelled, taking over as Tendo stepped back.

"I want ever single civilian in a refuge right now." He demanded. "Crimson Typhoon, Cherno Alpha, I want you to front line the harbour. Stay on the miracle mile." As he gave out his instructions, I realised the pilots of Typhoon, Alpha and Striker where all in gear. "Striker, I want you to stay back, look after the coastline. We cannot afford to lose you, so only engage as a final option."

"Yes, sir." Herc and Chuck replied. Pentecost then turned to Mako, Raleigh and I.

"Gipsy. You stay put." We all nodded in agreement. "Lets go!" Pentecost cried. Few moments later and Typhoon and Alpha where pulled out of their chambers. Striker was already out before the other Jaegers was dropped.

"Loccent, Strikers got the ball and we're on the roll." Chuck's voice said from the radio.

"Loccent, near positions and awaiting your orders." Herc cried. Wow. I keep forgetting how close we are to Hong Kong. To be honest we were right next to Hong Kong. Anyway Pentecost pulled me back to focusing on what was going on in the mission.

"Remain in the miracle mile. Engage at your discretion. Guys, keep your eyes open. These Category 4s are the biggest we've ever seen, both in size and weight."

"Cherno Alpha reaching target zone. Disengaging transport." Sasha Kaidanovsky told as her Jaeger disconnected from the helicopters and dropping into the ocean. "Cherno Alpha in position. Miracle mile. Cherno Alpha holding the coastline. Beacon is on." As everyone was focused on the levels that the Jaegers were on and making sure people where stabilised with the Drift and in battle I tapped Mako. She looked up at me and I motioned my head, signalling to go to the entrance. She followed.

"I don't know how to thank you." I said as I brought Mako into a hug. She hugged back and I could feel her smiling against my shoulder.

"It was no problem, sister." I hugged her tighter. Although Mako wasn't my real sister and Josie was gone, I still thought of Mako as my sister and family. "I didn't just do it for you either." Mako added. I let my hands loosen so she could pull back her head.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow. She giggled at my little gesture and sighed.

"You and Raleigh are better co-pilots then what he and I would have been able to do." She then leaned into my ear. "I also know that you two like each other." She whispered, I just stared as I felt my cheeks heat up. She then pulled away fully and walked back to Pentecost, Tendo and Raleigh. I followed reluctantly.

"Loccent! Typhoon and Alpha are in trouble. We're going in!" Herc yelled though the radio. Pentecost jumped at the microphone.

"You are to hold your ground. Do not engage." He spoke harshly. "We need you to carry that bomb. Do you copy?" seconds later beeps where coming from the monitors that told us about Cherno Alpha and Crimson Typhoon. They were both beeping madly.

"Loccent, we're moving in now!" Herc yelled louder, indicating that there was no was of changing his mind. Chatter was heard all throughout the bay as Pentecost turned to Raleigh, Mako and I. Eyeing us all. A beep went silent and I looked over to see Crimson Typhoon had gone cold. The Wei Tang Triplets had fallen. Seconds past before we heard Sasha speak again.

"Cherno Alpha, we've been hit with some type of acid! Hull has been compromised. Requesting backup immediately!" I could imagine Chuck giving out a war cry as Sasha finished her request. Moments past and we heard more beeps. But Tendo scared us the most when another beep died.

"We just lost Cherno, sir." Pentecost banged the table as flat lines where heard. We waited patiently for Herc or Chuck to speak again or watch one of the Kaiju detectors die. Suddenly the whole facility shook and we watched as the monitors died right in front of our eyes. Statics flickered and machines died.

"What's going on? What happened?" Hermann panicked as Tendo tried pushing some buttons, seeing if they would work.

"The blast. It jumbled all the Jaeger's electrical circuits." Tendo explained. He stood and tried to find something that could work, but if it was as big a blast I thought it was, all our technology was fried.

"They're adapting! This isn't a defence mechanism, it's a weapon!" Hermann cried as he watched Tendo try to do something.

"Get me Striker." Pentecost ordered.

"We can't!" I commented. Pentecost turned to me and gave me a look, keeping his eyes on me as Tendo spoke.

"Nothing, sir. The Mark 5s digital's fried." Pentecost's eyes dropped. "It'll take two hours to reroute the auxiliary." Tendo explained. "Al-All the Jaeger's, they're digital!" he panicked.

"Not all of them, Marshal." Raleigh said, speaking up. Pentecost looked back up onto Raleigh and I. "Gipsy's analogy. Nuclear." He added. Pentecost turned to fully face us. He looked to Mako and nodded, looked to me and nodded, then he looked to Raleigh.

"Go. Go!" he yelled. Raleigh then ran out, me following. I got to the entrance and turned to face Pentecost and Mako.

"I promise, I wont fail you!" I then ran out, chasing Raleigh. We ran down many hallways, leading to the bay to get into gear. As we entered, Raleigh turned into the other room so he could get into gear. I laughed a little. He hadn't seen I was following him and not Mako. We both stepped out into the hall after a minute or two. Raleigh was in front of me as we entered into Gipsy's head.

"Now remember, don't get swept into the Drift Mako. And remember I take the right side." I laughed loudly.

"Good, I was gonna ask for the left." Raleigh took a better look at me and his mouth dropped.

"Kristen? Uh-Kristen! What are you doing here?" He questioned a smile forming and dropping on his face.

"Mako and I have agreed to something. I can tell you later but right now, lets get Gipsy going." I placed my helmet on and jumped onto the foot platforms.

"Wait." Raleigh said as he stepped onto his foot platforms. "You look good." I smiled and he placed his helmet on. 

Here we go!