*CHAPTER NINE*

BOLD Writing is video

Pentecost, Herc, Chuck and I all headed down the halls of the facility to the meeting room. I decided to wait outside for Tendo to bring Mako and Raleigh.

"Kristen." Soon enough the two where here and Raleigh brought me into a hug. I have to admit, he's got a warm hug but I did jump at his gesture. After wrapping my arms around him and staying like this for a while, I looked to Mako. She looked really upset.

"Hey,come here." I pulled her into a hug and I could feel her shivering in my arms.Poor Mako. She's always wanted to be a ranger and this was her opportunity. No matter how badly I wanted to control Gipsy with Raleigh, Mako still deserved the opportunity.

"She can't control her Drift, and he went out of phase first!" I heard Chuck yell from inside the room.

"We all know what happened." Pentecost's booming voice came.

"We can't afford mistakes." Chuck yelled again. I was growing angry with him. But I do that all the time, what's the difference. "The Kaiju keep evolving they keep kicking our asses!" I let go of Mako as Raleigh paced the hall. "He's a has-been, she's a rookie." I felt like steam was coming out of my ears at Chuck's last words. "I don't want them protecting my bomb run, sir." He dragged out. The door then opened to reveal Chuck getting kicked out by Herc.

"You need to watch your tone, Mr Hansen." Pentecost warned.

"Hey, stay there. Give me a moment." Herc cried, pointing his finger at his son before closing the door. By now my fingernails where digging into my skin again and I was just about ready to punch Chuck in the face. Chuck looked to us and Raleigh gave him a death glare.

"You two are a goddamn disgrace." He yelled, walking over to Raleigh and Mako. You're gonna get us all killed and here's the thing, Raleigh," he paused,dragging out Raleigh's name, "I want to come back from this mission because I quite like my life. So why don't you just do us all a favour and disappear?" he tapped Raleigh with his fingers. "It's the only thing you're good at." 

"Stop! Now!" Mako yelled. I then came up behind Chuck and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around and I punched him in the gut. 

"How dare you! These two are not a 'goddamn disgrace'. They have worked their bloody asses off and all you do is bully them. You say you like your like because all you do is be a dick to everyone! You want to come back from this mission because you like your life, are you for real!? You hate your father,disrespect everyone in this facility, especially Raleigh, Mako and me!" I screamed. I was ready to punch him again but someone pulled me back. "Let go of me." 

"No, you need to calm down." Raleigh said as he held my arms. Chuck then stood straight and looked at Raleigh and I directly. 

"Yeah, that's right." He nodded. "You just hold back your little girlfriend." 

"I thought you always wanted me to be your girlfriend, dickhead." I tested. Chuck just rolled his eyes.  

"One of you bitches needs a leash." Suddenly my arms were set free and Raleigh came in front of me. He then punched Chuck in the face,right in the nose. He then punched him again, this time in the cheek. Chuck then punched Raleigh, he went for another swing but Raleigh blocked it,twisting Chuck arm, but not hurting him. I ran over to Mako, holding her in my arms so that she wouldn't get hurt. Raleigh then kicked Chuck's leg, causing him to go off balance. He then punched him in the cheek again. A crowd had formed as some 'owww' and 'aaahh' came from the ends of the hall.