The Baby is Here

"Lisa," Jennie called out.

"Hmm?"

"I think the baby is about to come."

"You feel the contractions?"

"Yeah—" Jennie's water broke.

"Okay, Okay, Okay, let's stay calm!" Lisa said with her eyes wide.

Lisa took Jennie's hands and guide her to the car, they were in the kitchen when Jennie started to feel dizzy.

Jennie held her head and groaned.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm having a headache."

"Alright, let's get to the car, uhm, the bag is there, what else do I need?"

"Keys, house and car."

"Got it. Let's go."

"AAAHHH!" Jennie held her belly. Lisa panicked.

"Let's hurry!" Lisa walked Jennie faster out the house and into their car, they drove to the hospital.

"Yes mom, she's in labor right now."

"We'll be there honey," Jennie's mom answered.

Lisa hung up the phone and called her parents to tell them the news. After the phone call, she went back inside the vip room.

"How you feeling darling?" Lisa asked as she held Jennie's hand in hers and sat down on a chair next to her. Lisa's hand was shaking.

"I'm in labor, how do you think I'm feeling?"

"I love you." Lisa unexpectedly told Jennie.

"I love you too hon." Jennie laughed softly.

"Is the, uhm, you know...your cervix big enough?"

"Chaeyoung said that it's still five centimeters, she was surprised I got to the hospital only now because I wasn't feeling symptoms of the labor and it's already been more than three hours since it started."

"I would do it myself, deliver the baby I mean, but my hands." Lisa hung her head low.

"You're a gynecologist, I can't believe you won't be able to deliver your own child." Jennie gripped Lisa's hand tighter.

"I'm sorry." Lisa kissed Jennie's cheeks.

"It's okay," Jennie said.

She looked at Lisa and saw she was disappointed in herself, Jennie brought her left arm around Lisa to soothe her back.

"I'm supposed to be the one who gets a rub on the back, but I'm giving it to you." Jennie laughed.

"Sorry, I can check if your cervix has gotten any bigger, then we can start the second stage."

"Doctor Park, your best friend, might I remind you, already checked it a few minutes ago, when you went out to talk to mom."

"Okay, it helps to walk around you know?" Lisa suggested.

"Really?"

"Yeah, and you're breathing a little too fast right now, I want you to slow your breaths. Copy me, inhale...exhale..." Lisa asked.

"Great, you're doing great." Lisa complimented. "I want you to relax during and between your contractions okay? I'll massage you so tell me if you're having any types of contractions."

"Alright, I'm feeling one right now." Jennie started calmly.

"How are you this calm Jennie?" Lisa started to massage her.