Finally Discharged (edited)

*Nates pov*

"Hey buddy, you're finally getting discharged. Are you excited to go home tomorrow?" Asked the nurse as I loudly growled at her and gave her a harsh glare as I was laying on my hospital bed, my tail thumping on the bed angrily.

"Look, I know your in a foul mood but cheer up, you get to see your family again." sighed the nurse a I chucked my pillow at her but it didn't hit her like I wanted it to. I hissed loudly at the nurse as my glare intensified.

"Dont Fucking talk to me! That old lady can never see her family again! Leave me alone! Get out!!" I screamed as I chucked one of my hospital slippers at her.

"I'll be back later to check your vitals" sighed the nurse in defeat as she left, finally leaving me alone to sulk in my hospital room.

I growled down at the bedsheet for a long time , a few tears occasionally falling from my face as my body trembled from anger and exhaustion.

The moment I felt my eyes began to droop was the moment I decided to go to the library and find a book to look at.

I limped out of the room and slowly began my way there but as I was nearing the old lady's room I felt more tears welling up in my eyes.

The old lady was no longer here and would never be again, a couple of nights ago I woke up to the sounds of someone gasping, I followed that sound to the old lady's room and immediately called a nurse to the room for help, I tried to help the old lady but I didn't know what was wrong with her.

As I glanced into the now empty room I noticed something sitting on the bed, I tilted my head and glanced over at Sherry who was typing away on her computer but with one glance at me she gave me a pitiful look before using her eyes to tell me to go into the room.

I let out a shaky breath as I limped into the empty hospital room, my bottom lip trembled and my nose twitched as the old lady's scent still lingered in the room.

I stood besides the bed for a few minutes before I gazed at the small note and read it with shaky hand.

Hello Dearie,

Thank you for being the sunshine through my gloomy days through my gloomy days here at the hospital, I am sorry that I didn't have enough time to give you this gift in person but I hope that you enjoyed the gift I got you

~Sincerely, Mrs. Coop.

My tears rolled down my cheeks as I set the small note aside and cried into my hands for a long time a I curled up on the bed.

After awhile my cries had dwindled down to just sniffle, I leaned against the headboard and glanced at the present that was wrapped elegantly in a cute kitten print wrapping paper.

I grabbed the present and began to slowly unwrap the present and once all of the wrapping paper was gone I used my sharp nails to cut open the tape that kept the box together and I took a quick peek inside the box.

"Aww '' I choked out through the lump that had formed in my throat, making it a hard for me to breath and hold in the new wave of tears that threatened to overflow.

I gently pulled out a cute medium size wolf plush that had silver eyes, as well as a creamy brown and dark brown fur coat withwhite paws, white ear tips, and the tip of the wolf's tail was also white.

The wolf lush was cute and absolutely adorable and I loved it, I lifted the plush into the air and admired its lightweight and its soft fur texture before hugging it tightly to my chest.

"T-Thank you old lady. . ." I sobbed out softly as I cuddled with the new plush on the hospital bed and dozed off while my tears were still rolling down my face.

"Don't move him, let him sleep in here" whispered my assigned nurse, as a male nurse looked at her with a confused look after he had tried to scoop me up into his arms so he could move me back to my room.

"Why not?" this isn't his room" whispered the male nurse as the female nurse glared at him.

"So, the poor kid hasn't slept at all this week. It's made him extremely fussy and cranky, and quite frankly has become a pain in my ass, so for the love of all that is good, leave him to sleep!" softly exclaimed the female nurse as the male nurse sighed but covered me up with a blanket and I subconsciously cuddled into the newfound warmth of the blanket.

*Justin's Pov*

As I pulled up into the hospital's parking lot I spotted Steff and a few of his clothes friends who were already here waiting on me.

"Is he ready?" I asked as I jogged over to Steff and he shook his head.
"The nurse said he's still asleep, and they didn't have the heart to wake him up.

She said something about a patient dying an unexpected death and that Nate was so heartbroken that he stayed up for a whole week mourning over the patient's death.

Said the two had really bonded over the short time they had spent together" stated Steff as I cringed at the thought of what Nate was going through

"Well let's go and see if we can get him out without waking him up" I stated as we all headed up to Nate's hospital room through when we arrived Nate wasn't in his room"

"Where is he!?" I exclaimed at the nurse at the receptionist counter as she looked a bit frightened but pointed to a room three away from Nates room, I quickly walked over to the room and sighed in relief as he was curled up on the bed fast asleep.

"Sorry I snapped" I apologized to the nurse and walked into the dark room and quietly walked over to the bed and gently ran my fingers through his hair.

Nate softly whined at my touch but he relaxed into the sensation, I noticed a piece of paper on the bed and out of curiosity I picked it up and read it.

"Hey Justin, this is Toby, he's the one your father has told you about " stated Steff as a teen around Nate's age, probably a year or so older stepped forward and dipped his head to me.

"As you might already know, I was hired to protect him from any possible dangers" stated the boy, Toby, as he walked closer to the bed and gazed at Nate.

"Well, we're going to go and start cleaning out Nate's room, watch him for a bit, okay Toby" Stated Steff as I nodded and watched as Toby also nodded his head and sat up on the bed and watched us leave.

I gazed at all the things that Nate was brought by the family as Get well Gifts and I couldn't help but chuckle as I started to grab handfuls of toys and plushe's and shove them into backpacks and by the time I was done I had two backpacks filled.

Steff and his close friends had filled baskets full of gift cards, candy, and some smaller toys and once they were done we all headed down to the cars and loaded all of the stuff into them.

When we all got done loading the cars we went back up to the hospital room were we heard quite talking coming from the room Nate and Toby were in.

I peeked into the room to see Nate sitting up and hugging a wolf plush to his chest while Toby was talking to him, Toby luckily got Nate to answer back to a few of his questions.

"S-So you aren't here to hurt me?" asked Nate in a dull and untrusting tone as my heart shattered, hearing that phrase coming out of my little brothers mouth with such tiredness and defeat was depressing to say the least.

"Wait, so you aren't a dog like my Master was?" asked Nate innocently as I watched Toby inwardly cringe and clench his jaw as his eyes furrowed into a soft glare.