The new bodyguard (edited)

"Hello Sir, my name is Toby Anderson, I heard that you were in search of a bodyguard, is that job still available?" I asked as I waited patiently for my dad's boss to answer.

"That job is still available, yes, Tell me, Toby, how old are you and why do you want the position?" asked my dad's boss as I leaned back into the couch.

"I am 17, and why I want this position. . . well, I don't have a real reason to why I want this jo, though I have heard that the said position was to protect your youngest son, Nate because bad things keep happening to the poor kid."I stated as I hoped that my dads boss would cut me some slack because of my age and see that I would maybe be good enough to assist in protecting his kid. . . as I had once failed to do for a Neko shifter. . .

"You are the youngest to apply for this position, and I see your father has put in a good word for you. . . would you be able to meet me at my office tomorrow? I would like to further evaluate you in person" stated my dad's boss as I thought about it for a moment.

"Of course sir, what time would you want me there?" I asked as I could hear papers being shuffled around on the other end of the phone.

"Be at my office at 7 a.m. sharp" stated my dad's boss as the line went dead after that.

"Soooo??" asked my father as he looked at me with a worried expression as he hid behind the couch.

"7 a.m. sharp, that's what he said. '' I stated with a smirk on my face as my Father let out a cheer and did a silent dance before rushing into the kitchen to go and tell my mother who was finishing up in the kitchen.

"I'm going to bed" I called out as I went down the stairs to my basement room and threw myself onto my bed, letting out a long and heavy sigh as I flipped onto my stomach and pulled out my phone that was in my back pocket.

"Wonder if Dad's boss knows . . . oh well, I'll probably have to tell my tragic life story tomorrow. . . but right now it is time for some music to calm myself down and relax." I mumbled to myself as I grabbed my headphones from my nightstand and shuffled through my playlist until I got to my Hollywood undead section of songs.

"Perfect" I yawned as I hit play and plugged my phone into the charge after putting on my alarm for 6 a.m. I rolled onto my back and closed my eyes as the rhythm of the song let me zone out, for a while, I softly hummed along to the songs until I fell asleep without even realizing I did.

I bolted awake and threw off my headphones as my annoying ass alarm blasted through my ears.

"Ugh" I grumbled out as I rubbed my ringing ears and sat for a few minutes just trying to wake up a bit more before I would begin my morning routine but before I would have to turn off my alarm that was still going off loudly in my headphones that lay at the end of my bed.

I let out an annoyed growl as I turned off my alarm and stumbled out of my room and into the downstairs bathroom that was just down the hall from my room. I turned on the shower and set the water to a mild temp before leaving the bathroom and heading back into my room to find some fancy-looking clothes to put in the bathroom.

I stripped out of my clothes and hopped into the warm water which felt great on my ice-cold skin but I was in a time crunch and as much as I didn't want to, I turned the water off after washing myself.

"TOBY!!! DAD SAYS HURRY UP!!!" yelled my younger sister as she pounded on the bathroom door and scared the living daylights out of me.

"Alright, Katie! Message received!" I called as I heard Katie Giggle and dash back upstairs, I sighed heavily as I dried myself off and got ready, I chose a nice white button-up shirt that the sleeves cut off at the elbows, and to go with the shirt I chose a nice pair of black pants and some black combat boots.