I am You Now

Outside the room Richie poured his anger upon Victor on what happened to him.

"Victor why did you let this happened?!? Why didn't you stop my brother from entering my body? You just stood there & watched him possessed it!!!"

"Calm down Richard. I am deeply sorry for what just occur, I thought your brother's plan wasn't going to work but I was wrong"

"How did he get into my body just like that without your permission?"

"Apparently after we found out that your still alive your body became an open vessel to any soul including Braden that's why he managed to take it"

"Is there some way that you can get him out of my body?"

"Well there are two options, you can exorcise him out of your body the other one is putting him in the middle of the life & death line again which is difficult to do. Are you willing to risk your brother's life for you to come back?"

"Right now I am tempted to do that, but I'll go with the exorcism which is hard too because how do I get a priest if I am a ghost?"

Then Richie saw Braden's body & thought of something.

"Victor what if I get inside Braden's body? Would that work? Can I use his body as my living vessel?"

"I am afraid not Richard"

"Why not??? Braden took my body so why is it impossible for me to enter his?"

"Because I haven't postulated his soul, in order for the body to become accessible the soul must undergo my jurisdiction to see if it is still capable to live or rather move on to the afterlife. Like you Richard you went to the process that's why your body became open but Braden didn't, now without his soul his body can't be entered by any spirit"

"Including me....If I can't go back to my body & if it isn't my time yet what's going to happen to me & to Braden's body???"

"You'll be a lost soul then, that's why you need to find a way to expose your brother & get him out of your body"

"But how will I do that? You need to help me Victor"

"I am sorry Richard but I can't help you right now I have other errands to run"

"Victor wait, when will I see you again?"

"Soon..." Victor vanished.

As Victor left Richie the young lost soul went back to the room & heard the conversation of Elizabeth & their doctors.

"Right now Mrs. Jones your son Richard is safe but we still need to monitor his recovery so it's important for him to take more rest"

"How about his brother Braden?"

"For him his vital signs' are low & not showing progress so we have to put him in a state of coma"

"When will he wake up?"

"No one can tell Mrs. Jones"

"Thank you doctor"

"Excuse me but I'll be leaving you for a while"

The conversation now went to Braden who is inside Richie.

"I am glad you're alright now Richie, I thought I was going to lose you"

"It's okay now Mom, you don't have to worry about me"

"Yes but I am still worried about your brother. I hope he wakes up soon"

"Me too Mom & I hope he can forgive me so we can get along again like we used to"

"By the way I need to go to your dad he needs to know that you're awake now"

"Okay Mom"

Once Elizabeth left the room Richie confronted Braden who can see him.

"I know you can see me, great acting you put there by the way!" Richie glared at him.

"You're still here?!? I thought you came along with Victor?"

"Yes I am still here & I am telling you to get out of my body!!!"

"Oh yeah? What are you going to do about it? You're just a lost soul now"

"Not for long"

"If you want you can use my body"

"Too bad I can't because of you!!!"

"Tough luck Richie looks like the tables have been turned on you"

"This isn't over Braden I will get my body back from you"

"It's over Richie! I have your body now I have your life now I am you now!"

"Well don't be so sure about that dear brother because I'll find a way to kick you out of there & reclaim my whole life even if I have to haunt you for the rest of that stolen life you took from me!" Richie warned.

"You think I am scared of you????

"You better be..." Richie walked out on the room.

One week later Braden got out from the hospital but his body still remains confine. Now that he got what he finally wanted Braden started to live & savor Richie's life getting all the attention he didn't have when he was on his own body but Richie's soul didn't remain quiet on what he's been doing so he continued to disturbed him but Braden became unaffected on what he is doing.

One night while having their dinner Braden couldn't contain his excitement now that he is coming back to school while Richie sits still at the table with them unseen by their parents.

"I can't wait to go back at school tomorrow" Braden said.

"Are you sure you're ready to go Richie?" Elizabeth asked.

"Yes Mom, I am excited to see my friends especially Hayley. There's so much I want to do when I get back like preparing for the Regional's Quiz Bee"

"Oh that thing...." Elizabeth sighed.

"Something wrong Mom?"

"It's your brother Braden, I get sad every time I remember that time you & him had that fight. I am starting to wonder if you two haven't had that fight would he be in that awful coma?"

"Mom don't worry, everything will be fine..." Braden tried to comfort.

After that dinner before Braden went to their room he saw Richie's soul trying to catch Elizabeth's attention while she reads a book on the living room.

"Mom! It's me Richie if you can hear me you need to know the Richie that is with you is not me it's Braden! I am right here!!!" He shouted.

Richie continued screaming but Elizabeth can't seem to hear or feel him so in so much anger & frustration Richie tried to push aside the pictures on the small table which he did by knocking down one picture frame. Elizabeth noticed what happened so she stood up & picked up the frame containing Richie's picture.

Inside Richie & Braden's room, Richie's soul came in by passing through the wall still in vexed with his brother.

"Hard isn't it???" Braden taunted. "Now you know what it feels to be unnoticed & be overlooked"

"Braden I am asking you for the last time get out of my body!!!"

"Richie aren't you getting tired of always saying that to me?"

"Mom must know about this. You need to tell her that you're you & I am here, you saw how worried she is waiting for you to wake up"

"Now why would I do that Richie when I am already getting comfy with your life? This is what I always wanted" Braden refused.

"You won't get away with this Braden, you've seen what I did out there"

"You just moved a picture frame"

"That's just the beginning, so if I were you I'll start shaking because one day you might wake up & you'll just find yourself now being the lost soul" Richie threatened.

"You can't do that Richie I won't let you have your life back!!!"

"Watch me..." Richie smirked at him this time.