𝐑𝐚𝐩𝐡 𝐱 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

Requested by @S203324

Title: Turtle Man

I don't know how I got here.

I was at a balloon stand with mommy when suddenly she took off running off down the street, but not before telling me to stay where I was.

After mommy was gone for a while, I clutched the (f/c) balloon in my hand and began walking down the street in the direction she'd gone to look for her. I tried not to cry because it was getting dark and I was scared, but when I found mommy I wanted her to be proud of me for not crying. 

And maybe get me another treat.

Then, as I was walking past two buildings, I heard a noise and took a step into the dark alleyway.

"Mommy," I saw movement behind a dumpster, "is that you?" Someone stood up from behind the dumpster, tall and big. He was shaped like daddy, who I hadn't seen in a long time, but what mattered is that he wasn't who I was looking for.

"Hey. Get over here you little brat." I heard a gruff man's voice from where the movement was, seeing another two men suddenly come out of the darkness from the rest of the alleyway.

It obviously wasn't mommy or daddy. Daddy had never called me a brat before.

I turned around bolted down the street, tears suddenly flying down my face as I heard the footsteps of the men behind me.

"Mommy," I screamed as I ran into a dead-end alleyway, "help me please!"

The men turned into the alley and stalked towards me.

"Why'd you run, little girl? We just wanna play."

One of the men reached for me as I let go of the balloon (that I had somehow held onto all this time) to cover my face.

"Please," I whispered to myself, "help me somebody."

"Hey- what is that?" One of the men suddenly demanded as another yelled in pain. I went to uncover my eyes as another hand held my tiny ones still. Whoever it was was cold, their skin almost icy, but they held a warmth that I knew the other men didn't, so I took a breath and decided to trust whoever was touching me.

"Do me a favor, okay? Don't look until I tell you to." I nodded shakily at another manly voice and turned my face towards the wall like I was in timeout. I began to cry as I heard the screams and begging of the men to be spared, and a voice growling above them all.

"You think it's okay? To be hurting and scaring a kid? A baby?" Then, it was quiet.

"Hey, kid. You can look now." I turned around and saw my balloon hovering right in front of my face. I could see the outline of a person behind it so I snatched it and eagerly looked at my Superman.

He wasn't human, I knew that much.

He was a...

"Turtle man!" I exclaimed happily and he smiled slightly. Then it fell.

"Hey kid, where's your mom? Or dad? Or- someone." He stood up and glanced around, and I pouted, crossing my tiny arms over my chest.

"Mommy left me and ran off." I shrugged. It sounded a lot less neglectful in my head.

He shook his head and I grabbed his giant hand and pulled it down, forcing him to follow to his knees. His eyes were wide and he almost jerked back as I moved my face closer to his so I could be sure he way paying attention to me.

"My name is (y/n) and you should take me home now. Please, turtle man." He chuckled and gently tossed me onto his back. I wrapped my arms around his neck as best I could and held me tightly.

"Lead the way, (y/n)." He stated after getting onto the rooftops. I didn't know exactly where we lived, but I eventually figured it out after remembering that we lived next to a bright pink donut shop. 

"And by the way kid, you can call me-"

"Turtle man." I finished seriously and he nodded deeply, knowing not to argue with me.

"Yes ma'am, whatever you say."

After he carefully ran across rooftops to get me to my apartment where mommy was waiting with a police man sir guy, he sat on my bed and grabbed a book- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish- claiming he would be there when I got back.

After much questioning of me just saying that I'd walked home to the donut shop and not mentioning turtle man, hearing my mom's exclamation of how she ran off because she realized she'd left her wallet in the ice-cream parlor before we left for the balloon stand, and me thinking about how I basically stole a balloon, I was off to bed.

I was disappointed when I got back to my small room to find turtle man gone, but when I read the note he left on my pillow I smiled and fell asleep hoping to see my turtle man soon.

Hey (y/n),

Sorry I couldn't be there when you get back to your room, but duty calls and I have to go be other people's hero. Don't miss me too much cuz I'll be back later. Good night kid.

Signed,

Turtle man

++++++++++

So uh yeah. Keep the requests coming please and comment. Thanks.