Chapter 1. New beginning

Lucario's POV
Into the forest I go. This path could take hours, days, or even weeks, so I grabbed a bit of berries on my way. Even found a citrus berry.

I feel the aura getting stronger and clearer. I am going in the right direction. It's already about midnight when I see a pond, out of the bushes.

                    It's somewhere here.

There is a Zoroark, sitting and facing the river. Next to him he has...yellow and green cylinder with a flame on it? Whatever those are, it was Zoroarks aura that led me here.
As the Zoroark is facing away from me I wanted to come closer, and at least get in contact. I guess it's not expecting guests, because when I went up to it, it flinched and almost fell into the river.

"S-sorry, if you want to sit here, I can just f-find another place"

Apparently the Zoroark is a guy, and not as intimidating as you would expect.

"No, wait, it's okay, sit down"

I say as I sit next to where he was sitting.

"O-okay"

He says, almost making eye contact.
"I wanna talk to you, you seem like a nice guy."

I make a pause trying to find a topic.

So...uhm actually I didn't ever see these cylinders, ever..."
I say, a bit blushing.
"So do you mind telling me what those are?"
"Oh, th-these are "scented candles". First of all, regular candles are just to make light, or heat up something s-small. But scented candles are the same but with a smell."

Interesting

"Interesting"

"Yeah...so for me...I haven't actually se-seen a lot of lucario's -you are a Lucario right- so what is even your type."

He says, quickly correcting himself.

"P-p-pokemon type!" Zoroark quickly mumbles apologies.

"I am actually fighting-steel type"

"You don't look very steel to me. Except the spikes."

"Didn't make sense to me either."

"Maybe your skin is tougher?"

"Only one way to find out"

I hand the Zoroark my forearm. He hesitated a bit before touching my skin.

"It is really rough..."
I guess he never saw someone with a rough skin.

Wait... He is too interested in my skin, he keeps touching it. Feels weird. I pull my arm back against my lap.

"Oh! W-W-Well I had nothing to compare it to."

"..."

"..."

I break the silence.

"What about your skin? I would have something to compare to now."

"O-okay..."

He just hands me his paw. It's REALLY soft. I can't stop touching it. Now I understand why HE didn't stop.

"Uh...u-uhm I don't like when people get touchy." He said, being as far away as he possibly can.

"Oh sorry"

"..."

"..."

The silence again.

I looked up and noticed the moon. I remembered how late it is.

"Well, it's getting pretty late. Where do you usually stay?"

"Well you see that giant tr-tree?"

It's so giant. WHAT IS IT DOING HERE(Cuz author can't think of a better solution).

"Yes"

"Well I, with s-some help cut out the trunk from the inside"

"You live inside a tree?"

"Yeah, it is pretty w-warm and traps scent good enough for my candles"

That's why he has them.

"That's nice, Zoroark"

"Well where are you gonna st-stay?"

"..."

"..."

I couldn't answer that. At least henot the truth. I don't want to tell him yet. What if h-

"It's okay if you stay with me."

My eyes started to sparkle(if they could).

"Re-really?"

"Yeah, sure." He said as he fidgets his fingers through the dirt next to him.

Sleeping in a tree was great. And it smelled good too.

____________________________________
I'm dumb. Next maybe gonna be Zoro's point of view. I am not sure. Right now litterally no one read this story, but f*ck it, I am doing my own thing. Bye [: