1 ~ 𝚜𝚎𝚝𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚜 & 𝚜𝚎𝚖𝚒-𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

𝐻𝐴𝑌𝐷𝐸𝑁 Elizabeth Zara was known to be somewhat of a patient person. It was as if it had been a god-given trait implanted in her by the man upstairs himself. However, it wasn't particularly a trait that flowed throughout the entire Zara household. William Zara, for prime example, was someone patience hadn't brushed in his thirty-four years of life. Though given the family's current predicament, Hayden could understand why he was practically foaming at the mouth in anger, as his sharp green eyes were trained on his son, her younger brother, Jimmie.

Jimmie Zara was to put it nicely . . . different. Their mother liked to refer to him as unique, which, if we're honest, is a much friendlier term for absolutely stupid. No one really knew what resulted in him to become so stu—different, but unlike many others in the world, Jimmie wholeheartedly embraced it. He often used it as a barrier, hoping it would distract from whatever situation his differentness put him in. Which, bringing it back to their father's teeth damn near shattering given how hard he was clenching them, was one of the times he used it.

"What have you done, boy! I mean, do you ever even think, or is it just a bag of nothing up there?"

Jimmie thickly swallowed, hurriedly casting his gaze down to the snow-filled sidewalk to avoid meeting the harsh stare of his father. Hayden could literally see him shaking in what could've possibly been from the bitter cold, or, the sight of their father slowly edging closer, the print of his boots making their appearance in the deep snow until he was less than a foot away from him.

It was then that the girl stepped forward, figuring the best and safest thing to do was to step up and try to calm the fuming man down, knowing how he got when he was upset. Their mother had currently been inside of the hotel the three individuals were standing out in front of, seeing if she could work out some sort of resolution due to the situation Jimmie had 'unintentionally' put the family in.

"Okay, dad, just relax. Mom is in there right now trying to figure something out with the manager. Besides, I don't think killing Jimmie is the best solution right now. It'll only add stress and confusion for when we have to explain it to the police officers and—"

"Hayden," His harsh glare trained itself on her, "Now isn't the time for your unnecessary, sarcastic input. So, please, either go inside with your mother, or stand there and zip it while I let Jimmie here, know why never again, should he meddle in things that don't need to be meddled with."

Her lips hurriedly tucked, hands defensively throwing themselves up into the chilly air. "Yeah, sure, okay, I'll butt out. But don't blame me when you find yourself in handcuffs and an orange jumpsuit eating staled potatoes and bread."

Her father sent her a warning glare, but she didn't see it. She had already begun making her way into the hotel but not before giving a look and mouthing the words I told you so, to her brother.