𝟼 ~ 𝚐𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚢 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚜 & 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚘'𝚜 𝚙𝚒𝚣𝚣𝚊

𝑇𝐻𝐸 Zara sibling's first official week at East High had gone by exceedingly fast. It wasn't long before the teachers began to lose their laid-back and apathetic demeanors in regards to giving the two passes on homework assignments and postponing tests, for the siblings to catch up on any material missed before break.

Hayden was pretty much fine in all her classes, one of them being history, which she found herself to've been rather enjoying. The topic her class had been discussing at the moment were the causes and effects of the women's suffrage movement back in the mid-19th century. Anything to do with women's empowerment automatically grabbed her attention, as her feminist mind was just naturally drawn to it.

Being the potent and strong-willed person she was attracted the desire to learn and educate herself about the struggles and hardships women went through, simply to be noticed by others—by men. It certainly made her more appreciative of the ableness women in her time had.

It also helped that she had a pretty nice teacher who didn't rely on constant, boring powerpoints as a primary teaching method as most did.

Culinary was a course that had also been going well for her. Chef recently gave the first cooking assignment, which consisted of the class making a braised pork ragu dish for an after school banquet for the school's baseball team. Hayden partnered with Zeke, and it was safe to say that their dish had been the best. It was proven so when multiple people who they served at the banquet, came up to pair after the event ended and showered them in endless compliments.

Chef was deeply impressed, even going as far as to allow the duo to take lead on the next recipe for whatever function was to befall them. The feeling of being greatly appreciated by others for doing something she held so passionately, really left the girl with a sense of triumph.

By the time the weekend rolled around, she was exhausted and in need of a relaxing time involving lots of carbs and sugar, as an attempt to eat away her boggled stress. She didn't know a better person to hang out and eat her life away with than Martha, who graciously agreed to the proposition.

Tensions in the Zara family's not so humble abode, were still relatively high. Hayden and her father weren't speaking, he and Jimmie barely acknowledged each other except for the occasional, agitated glares the teen would throw at him, and Lillian, in favor of supporting her son's dream, instantly made her the adversary in her husband's irrational eyes.

William felt as though no one had been on his side, ultimately coming to see himself as the victim in the situation. He claimed that being the man of the household should have naturally granted him the respect and appreciation he anticipated himself to rightfully have.

So, the businessman left, stating that he needed a day or two to think and get his bearings straight or some shit along those lines. Everyone pretty much tuned him out during his rant.

That all happened on Thursday.

When two days had passed and it became Saturday, Hayden preferred not to be at the house when her father came home, therefore her and Martha's plan to hang out fell on that particular day.

The girls spent most of the day eating, Martha rummaging through just about every cabinet in her kitchen with the intent of finding the sugariest sweets and snacks for them to consume. Her mom was trying some new, crazy diet that supposedly made you drop fifty pounds in a week, so there weren't many options that fit the unhealthy teens' criteria available. 

After many pouted lips and eyelash batting, Sadie drove the two to the nearest store, which happened to be dollar general, and allowed them to get whatever their hearts should desire on a ten dollar budget.