11 ~ 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚘𝚗 𝚋𝚞𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜 & 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚋𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚜

"𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑬𝑺𝑬?"

"Yep."

"Tomatoes?"

"Yes."

"Lettuce?"

"Yes."

"Ketchup?"

"Yes, Hayden."

"Bacon?"

"Oh my—dude, I'm not going to keep—"

"Just answer the question, do we have bacon or not?"

"Yes, but not a lot left. Maybe three pieces or so." An irritable sigh could be heard from the youngest Zara as his gaze shot back towards his sister across the thick, ivory stained kitchen. "Can I be released now?"

At first glance, it could've been easily noticeable that the girl was vastly stressed. Thin strands of hair from her quickly thrown together ponytail, untidily lay beside her softly glammed face, no matter how many attempts her fingers had done to tuck the damned things behind her ear.

Her gaze barely lifted to the shaggy-haired boy as her hands swiftly worked to cut the perfect ring of onion for the burgers she was making. Instead, it focused on the three torturous green numbers their gas stove displayed, and a snarl that leaked pure aggravation fell through her lips.

The time had gotten away from her, and she solely blamed Chef for the worry beginning to creep up her tensed frame.

The SkillsUSA practice that was initially scheduled to end at forty-thirty, ended up dragging over until five forty-five. The competition being just a week away affected Chef more than he liked to show. His expectations were high and he wanted to win. And while that was completely understandable being East High had yet to win against the West high team, it unfortunately made him more determined and quite frankly, annoyingly persistent in taking home the winning prize that was a golden spoon.

Sautéed chicken with a mushroom panned sauce wasn't that hard to make, at least to Hayden. But with the shame and most likely small slither of fear Chef carried over losing yet again, he was pretty hellbent on making sure the recipe came out perfect, regardless of the number of attempts made.

Hayden couldn't even remember how many times her foot angrily collided with the trashcan's foot pedal to discard the numerous plates of mouthwatering chicken, but it was enough to make the girl fall on her bed in complete exhaustion when arriving home. She couldn't even bring herself to change out of her dirty, contaminated uniform before her body unknowingly submerged itself into a deep sleep.

The amount of scurrying around the kitchen she'd done under Chef's roaring orders took a more considerable toll on her body then she imagined. The teen hadn't been getting all that well of a good night's sleep for the last few days anyway, so the nap she took was very helpful and was probably what her sleep-deprived body needed.

The nap didn't need to run a whole three hours long, however.

She was thankful Troy left a message explaining how Chad was running late from doing whatever it was he was doing at a supposed late-night practice with a few team members, meaning he himself would be late considering the curly-haired jock was his ride.

Her eyes had fluttered open at precisely five after nine and Troy sent the message at exactly eight o'clock. He could arrive at literally any moment which appeared to have been going by like seconds.