12 ~ 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 & 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎-𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚟𝚘𝚜

𝑇𝐻𝐸 universal aphorism, everything happens for a reason, had always been one of the few sayings Hayden candidly admired.

It was praised in ninth grade, for instance, her freshman year of high school, when running back star Teddy Bradshaw had fractured his femur during their schools' annual homecoming football game and was rushed to the emergency room. As fate would have it, the Zara girl minutes before his arrival, had undergone her own admission into the dreary establishment after her personal fall out with the overhead bookshelf she'd poorly installed just above her bed.

Unknown fact to the two, but Friday's at the ER were apparently like Saturdays at Chick fil a—which is insanely hectic. Seating was limited and spaces to stand were crowded to the point where people were forced to step on others' toes.

The wait to be treated that night had to have at least been over a half an hour. And thirty minutes to some that night seemed well worth the wait for the treatment of whatever injury they'd involuntarily obtained. But for one particular couple, it must have appeared as though the time would forever be at a standstill because not even fifteen minutes of them sitting there in the waiting room, a huff of frustration fell from the two angry beings and they were soon hobbling their way back out into the cold air, but not before flipping off the receptionist behind the desk followed with a series of curse words.

Many in the waiting room that frosty October evening couldn't help but let out sighs of relief upon the pair's departure, as they were finally able to breathe without the revolving stench of booze and cigarettes burning their nose. Hayden, on the other hand, had just been happy to finally be able to sit down with her head feeling as though it would erupt into a million tiny pieces from the headache her concussion had ruthlessly gifted her.

Little did the brown-haired firecracker know, that the uncharted generosity of the ignorant couple that night would lead to her ableness to officially meeting the guy that would end up giving her the best ten months of her life.

However, as another saying goes, all good things must eventually come to an end.

Teddy's mother ended up having to relocate to Rhode Island for her job—thus the mirthless end of their whirlwind relationship.

Conclusively, the girl had to obtain a grade two concussion in order to officially meet the boy she would later on end up falling in love with. She got that, and could actually find the understanding of her concussional occurrence. 

But for some reason, in the frightening present that she was in, Hayden couldn't bring herself to find any sort of understanding for the cause of her ill-fated crisis. 

She felt nothing remotely good to come from her and Troy's situation.

So if no reward, a lesson maybe?

A lesson to not go behind her mom's number one rule of not having a boy over to the house unless under her supervision?

Possibly, so.

With the look the middle-aged woman had been giving to the two adolescents, the hazel-eyed girl couldn't even begin to fathom the kind of punishment that would soon be implemented from breaking that lesson.

Her eyes unsettlingly copied her mother's actions of glancing to the half-naked boy still on the floor, and to the nearly consumed wine bottle in her tight grasp, and just as she'd seen her mouth go to part to more than likely start the shouting she assumed would soon make its appearance, she beat her to the punch.