Chapter v

A glazed look lined their eyes as the two faced towards the direction in which the bewildering scene had crossed their line of vision. The train of people had moved in direction of Yoongi's office although he wasn't obviously present, after all he was tailing the trail of aimless bodies wandering the palace grounds, with an amused look plastered across his face. Childlike. Jimin in awe turned to face Taehyung to confirm the image he had just witness, and the look of bewilderment confirmed the perplexing turn of events. The two stood a gaze before Taehyung recovered his realization of the potential danger his hyung could be in. He set out in hot pursuit of the party of people. In what appeared to be a deep curiosity as to figure out what was happening which was mixed with an anxious frenzy of worry for the safety of his brother and childhood friend. These intruders had somehow successfully infiltrated the palace and that was enough to make any loyal subject of the emperor's worried, add the fact they were half-brothers who truly cared for one another, and Taehyung was ready to take on any infiltrator in a fight to save his brother. Taehyung wouldn't let Jin-hyung find out that he didn't trust him to be able to defend himself against an attacker. Jimin watched as Taehyung pounded down the same path the others had taken all heading towards Yoongi's office. Yoongi wasn't going to deal well with too many people intruding into his safe haven, his work office, but for the sheer hilarity of the unfolding events it may allow him to overlook the crowd of people in his genius lab, or so he called it. As Taehyung ran out of view Jimin contemplated for a moment before too deciding it was best that he followed so he set off, the last of the train of people heading towards Yoongi's office. This was going to be too interesting to miss.

When Jin arrived at Yoongi's office the heavy dark wooden door was shut, but that was commonly the case. Yoongi always kept it shut to block out the noise and the quote on quote irritating people, that included Jin and Taehyung. That didn't stop them from sneaking in. Lock after lock Yoongi installed all in a futile attempt to keep the Kim brothers out of his safe space. Yoongi often joked that if the Kim brothers hadn't been the rulers of Rome, they would've been the best thieves in the empire due to the unnatural ability to sneak into any locked room, no matter how securely locked it was. Today was no exception. Yoongi had locked his heavy-set door in a fixed position. A little grin creeped across Jin's face at the thought of Yoongi locking each lock with the intention of keeping him out. He let out an evil chuckle knowing that it was a futile attempt on Yoongi's part.

Namjoon stared on with interest as the beautiful man he had been following knelt down in front of a door and placed his ear to a little metal device and began to fiddle around with this device until a satisfying click caused the breath-taking man to steal Namjoon's breath. All it took was for a moist tongue to poke it's itself through the plump lips, and Namjoon felt his heart constrict itself in his chest. He grabbed his robes in a desperate attempt to regain his composure, but his heart won't stop beating. Namjoon couldn't grasp ahold of himself, which was something he wasn't used to, he was used to being in full control. He wasn't controlled by desire like the other gods, but this mortal was making Namjoon seriously re-think that claim he had previously made in absolute certainty.

Unaware of the presence eyeing his every movement, Jin continued at the task at hand, unlocking Yoongi's door. In under three minutes Jin had successfully opened all ten locks. He chuckled to himself as he began to unlock the final barrier between himself and Yoongi's office. As the final click echoed in the silence, the cheekiest smile Namjoon had ever witnessed was plastered across Jin's face as though it had been sculpted there by Zeus himself. The crafty smile was unlike any Namjoon had witnessed before. Even Jungkook's evil laugh along with that devilish smile was nothing close to the mischief this smile was hiding. Yet it didn't frighten him, unlike Jungkook's evil smile. Although the smile was laced in mischief, there was a harmless nature attached to it, but he was definitely up to no good. The sneaky tongue that was poking itself through Jin's lips was already doing enough harm as it was but Namjoon couldn't complain as a small part of his heart ached at the thought of the tongue disappearing from view.