1. When I First Met Him - (Johnnys POV)

I ran away when I was 16. I just couldn't handle my parents abuse anymore so while they were gone probably drunk somewhere I packed all my stuff and ran away from home. I slept in empty lots, park benches and anywhere that looked most safe. I was so scared most days I barely got any sleep.

One night I was at a park trying to get some sleep but I though of everything. I had nowhere to live, I didn't have any money, I was starving, I was a high school drop-out, and I had no one. I just burst out crying and all of a sudden I hear a car pull up. My head flys up immediately and I look around.

There was a blue mustang and some boys come out they looked around my age and there was at least  5 of them.

"Hey Greaser, what were you crying about, huh?" One of the boys said, I could tell he was drunk because of the way he looked and sounded.

He was definitely a Soc and I immediately know they are gonna jump me and I can't make a run for it because it'll just make it worse.

"Y-You're in Greaser territory, y-you better watch it n-now!" I say stuttering, trying to sound tough. I knew I didn't sound tough at all but it was worth a try.

"I don't care Greaser, who's gonna save you now? You look like you need a good beating to help you toughen up." He says getting closer and his friends snicker and laugh behind him.

"P-Please just leave m-me alone, I'm not d-doin' anything t-to you!" I say shaking even more. My palms where sweating and I didn't know what to do. I could use my switchblade but I felt frozen in place.

They all start laughing as if I said a joke and the one in front grabs me and throws me to the floor.

Then all of his friends hold me down as he punches me in my face and gets out his switchblade.

"Stupid Greaser, I hope this teaches you a listen to never talk to one of us like that aga-"

"BOB! What do you think you're doing?!"

The Soc who's name I assume is Bob, which is the one holding the switchblade, stands up and his friends let me go.

"C-Cherry...what are you doing here?!" He says putting his switchblade away quickly.

A girl who I also assumed was named Cherry and basically saved me has red hair and green eyes, she looked at Bob right in the eyes and yelled at him.

"I'm looking for you! I told you a million times that I hate it when you drink and drive! I am sick and tired of you acting like this beating up innocent people! He never did anything to you, leave him alone and just leave!"

He stood there for a few moments and walked closer to her.

"C-Cherry...I'm sorry....b-but he's a Greaser, what else do you want me to do?" He said.

She backed away from him and lowered her voice but still glared at him.

"Go home Bob. Either I drive you, or you get in the car with your little friends and they drive you."

Bob glared at her and got in the car and one of his friends got in the drivers seat and drove away.

"Are you alright? I'm sorry about him. Would you like me to drive you home?"

I snapped my head up at her and realized that I was still on the ground so I stand up slowly still shaking.

"Y-Yeah, thanks for helping me out, I was so scared."

"No problem, but you seem like you need help, is there anything I can do?"  Cherry said stepping closer.

"No I'm fine, I really am." I said lying but my faced turned red.