7 - You Need To See Your Brother - Johnnys POV

It was Monday again and Ponyboy was doing great. He was eating more and he stopped cutting. I was so proud of him, not only that but ever since we came out to each other we've gotten closer.

I felt so bad for his abusive boyfriend though, I really wanted to help him so I tried to make him laugh and tried to distract him, which kinda worked from time to time, but deep down I knew he hated his abusive boyfriend.

I wake up, get ready and cook breakfast quickly.

Ponyboy finally wakes up and we eat together while talking as usual.

When we're done, we still have a bit of extra time to talk so we do.

"Ponyboy, I don't mean to upset you or anything but when are you going to go and see your brother and gang?"

"I don't know, I don't think they want to see me honestly." He says shrugging.

"But maybe they changed their minds? Maybe they support you."

"No, I don't think that's it." He says looking away.

I sigh and nod even though I know he can't see me.

"Well I better get to work." I say walking away.

"Have a good day Johnny!" Ponyboy says smiling at me.

"You too Ponyboy!" I say smiling back.

I walk out and drive to the cafe lost in my thoughts.

Ponyboys birthday was gonna be soon and well, I didn't want him to just spend time with him, I could only imagine how horrible it must be to spend time away from a family that always loved you. When I ran away and it was my birthday I felt horrible, and my family didn't even love me.

I sigh and go into the cafe ready for the day.
____________________________________

After the whole day Cherry finally comes from school and we talk about everything. When all of a sudden, from the corner of my eye, I spot Ponyboy, or atleast I think it's Ponyboy, the sight of the boy makes me look up quickly and I do, but when I look it's not Ponyboy, it's a boy that looks pretty similar though, he was movie star handsome, but instead he has dark golden hair and brown eyes, he didn't look to good.

Could he be? No.

He looked like he needed some sleep because of the bag under his eyes and he looked like he had been crying.

He looks around frantically and he looks defeated and he sits down on one of the chairs and puts his head in his hands. Another boy quickly opens the door and sits down at the same table as the handsome boy.

The boy that just came in also has bag under his eyes but he's tall and lean, he had thick, greasy hair he combed back in complicated swirls.

"Sodapop, it's ok, calm down, we're all worried, but we need to stay positive and-"

"Steve, he's my brother! He could be dead for all I know! You don't understand, I miss him so much, I'm so worried, what are we gonna do? The worst part is that we can't tell the police because he'll probably be put in a boys home. I just...I don't know what to do."

Sodapop? Steve? That was Ponyboy's brothers name and his brother's best friends name. Sodapop has to be Ponyboy's brother, first of all not many people name their kid Sodapop and he looked just like Ponyboy.

"I know, we'll find him Soda, I know it, or maybe he'll return home, but I'm worried about you too, don't get me wrong, I know me and Ponyboy don't get along very well but...he was like an annoying kid brother I never had. But I'm also worried about you, you've barley eaten and you need some sleep.