4 - Going Out - Ponyboy's POV

I wake up earlier than Johnny this time and I feel a little less bad. The way he hugged me yesterday was...so good. I kinda wish he never stopped but if I said anything I know he'll probably suspect something and kick me out.

Also the way we talked. I've never talked to anyone like that before. He listened to me going on and on about books I've read, sunsets, the gang, life before mom and dad died.

Everything.

For once I didn't cry talking about mom and dad.

Everything was good. Well, until he asked about what happened. I told him everything except about me being gay and Curly.

So he still didn't know what I was kicked out for. I even wondered what his secret was. He told me Cherry was the only person he's ever told and the way he talked about her made me feel...kinda jealous. But I quickly thought, if they are dating, his straight, which means he'll hate you and kick you out

I sigh and roll over to the other side of the bed trying to distract myself from my thoughts.

Johnny was the perfect distraction too.

I look at him and think of how kind he is. He helped me even if he didn't even know me and he always, listened to me and didn't judge, the only person I could ever talk to like that was Sodapop, and now he wasn't even here.

I try to look at Johnnys features, his tan skin looked beautiful in the sunlight coming from the window.

He also got me a cookie, I almost didn't want to eat it  because it felt so special.

But at the same time I didn't even want to eat anything.

⚠️EATING DISORDER MENTIONED (NOT REALLY A SPECIFIC DISORDER BUT CLOSE TO ONE)⚠️

Ever since Curly's been calling me fat, I've eaten less and less and at first it was terrible, I was so hungry which proved that I was fat, but now, I've gotten more used to it and I eat very little.

I'm fat and I hate how I look so I have to change it. I also don't want Curly to make fun of me anymore.

⚠️EATING DISORDER IS NOT MENTIONED ANYMORE⚠️

I keep staring at Johnny and blush at how much I think I like him. He was cute when I saw him but now that I know him, he's even cuter. I love his personality so much.

He stirs in his sleep and he wakes up. I don't want him to see me staring at him so I close my eyes really quick.

I hear him get up and pick up his blankets and pillows. I also hear him get some clothes from his closet and he walks to the bathroom.

I lay there and wait for him to get out.

When he gets out I hear him getting ready to cook so I get up and walk to the bathroom.

"Good morning Ponyboy!" He says.

"Good morning Johnny!" I say getting into the bathroom.

After I'm done brushing my teeth and everything.

(Johnny gave me a spare toothbrush)

I walk out and smile at Johnny.

"How did you sleep?" I ask.

"Good, what about you?"

"Same."

We talk and joke around and he serves our breakfast.

We eat, well he eats, I only eat a little. So I just keep talking to him.

When we were done and he's done cleaning our plates he looks kinda worried.