8 - Meeting the family - Ponyboys POV

I kept waking up in the middle of the night, I just couldn't believe my own brother, and Steve, wanted to see me! They also supported me! My wish finally came true! I was ecstatic!

So because of that I could barley sleep, which caused me to wake up at 4:00 am and stay awake until Johnny woke up.

When he finally did, I didn't even tried to hide the fact I was still awake.

"Couldn't sleep huh?" Johnny said rubbing his eyes.

"Nope." I say smiling widely.

We both ate and got ready quickly because we didn't want to be late.

I basically ran to the car and jumped in.

Johnny laughed.

"I swear! You're so cute." He said, but he quickly blushed and looked away.

"Um...I mean, sorry, I-I didn't-"

"It's ok." I say also blushing.

He got in the car and started driving.

I was so excited to see my brother again. But nervous at the same time.

When we finally got there we had to wait a while because we had to see when Darry left.

Which wasn't a problem because me and Johnny were talking and laughing.

Then suddenly the front door opens.

I sink down a little in my seat but I still look.

Darry comes out looking like his usual self, but instead more colder and broken. I would've probably gotten out of the car and yelled at him if I wasn't so scared.

He gets in the car and drives away.

"That's him? No wonder you're scared of him!" Johnny says, his eyes wide.

"Now you know why." I say laughing.

"I'll stay in the car." Johnny says nervously.

"What? Why? I want you here with me." I say.

"I'm shy..." he says.

"It's ok, they won't judge you. I'll make sure. Just please...I'm sorry for forcing you...but I don't want to do this alone..."

He looks at me with his beautiful puppy dog eyes and nods.

"Sure, but only for you."

I smile at him and he smiles back.

We both go inside and stand outside the door and he looks at me and nods.

I take a deep breathe and knock on the door.

I hear footsteps and the door opens to reveal a Sodapop that I've never seen.

He had bags under his eyes and he looked exhausted.

He looked at me with wide eyes and gasped.

"Ponyboy.....?" He said.

I couldn't hold it and I cry.

"Sodapop....I'm so sorry..."

He basically throws himself on me and he keeps whispering, "I thought we lost you Ponyboy." And, "It ain't your fault."

"What's going on-?" Steve says coming outside.

He freezes when he says me and screams, "Ponyboy!" surprisingly he also hugs me.

The sound of my name makes more footsteps scramble outside and soon Two-bit and Dallas come outside also hugging me.

I smile but I still cry.