Author's Note

IMPORTANT: Please take a minute to read this

This is a story that not only describes Michaeng's relationship with each other, but also deals with autism. 

It's a topic, which should not be written with insensitivity or ignorance. It should not be romanticized but it also should not be put in a story as something abnormal. 

This fanfic is not stereotyping, not judging, not portraying autistic people in the wrong way. At least this is both our intention. Before writing I (Nas) did research, watched videos, read articles about how to handle it and used some of my own knowledge as a medical engineer. 

If indeed you feel hurt by the story, uncomfortable or are under the impression that we wrote something wrong feel free to reach out to both of us and we'll fix this. 

Again, the topic is sensitive but like I already mentioned, our intention is simply to portray these people as they are. Nevertheless, none of is autistic so we are in no position to know how autistic people feel.

Some info on autism: 

Autism spectrum disorder is a range of neuro-developmental disorders predominantly characterized by impaired social functioning and communication disturbances. Symptoms can include intense focus on one item, unresponsiveness, lack of understanding social cues (like tone of voice or body language), repetitive movements, or self-abusive behavior like head-banging. 

Autism is a spectrum because it refers to a wide range of symptoms, skills, and severity of the disorder. 

Autism symptoms and signs

Abnormal body posturing or facial expressions 

Abnormal tone of voice

Avoidance of eye contact or poor eye contact 

Behavioral disturbances

Deficits in language comprehension

Delay in learning to speak

Flat or monotonous speech

Inappropriate social interactionIntense focus on one topic

Lack of empathy

Lack of understanding social cues

Not engaging in play with peers

Preoccupation with specific topics

Problems with two-way conversation

Repeating words or phrases

Repetitive movements

Self-abusive behaviors

Autistic people are not emotionless or rude or stone cold. They just don't know how to do it. If emotion and feeling comes natural to you, but an autistic person it doesn't. Also, you don't look autistic, you are autistic. Autism doesn't have a specific look, it just affects brain development.

Not all autistic people are extra smart or hyper sensitive. Like mentioned above, it is a spectrum and symptoms differ from person to person. Be kind, be open minded and don't stereotype.

Final Word

Last but not least, our writing styles are distinct. You might even notice that as you read along this fic. Nonetheless, we are similar in the sense that we always hope to advocate some kind of message through our works, so that our readers gain a different, positive experience from this. We don't just write. We write, to make an impact. So please, vote and leave us a comment, so that we know what you think. Thank you :]

---------------------------------------------

Yours Sincerely,

Nas & Clarris