Chapter 2

The next day Mina skips class. She hates it anyways. Plus, her excuse is that Jihyo did not wake her up when she left for the hospital this morning, and she herself didn't put an alarm last night due to her falling asleep suddenly.

At 11am, when the sunlight hit her face from the living room's windows, she managed to open her eyes groggily, only to realize that she had lost half of her day snoozing. Normally she would jump and curse at herself for being late or missing a lecture.

Not now.

Since the damage is already done, her priority now is something else. Or rather, someone.

Her. With the short blonde hair. Her captivating gaze. Her little mole under her bottom lip. Her laptop. Her weird drawings and her behavior.

Mina can't seem to get her out of her mind, no matter how hard she tries. It's like her thoughts are slaves to the images of that girl, unable to free themselves. She thinks it's the human curiosity for something slightly different, the need to discover the unknown.

Honestly, Mina has been through this before, but not like that. Girls crossing her mind is not a new feeling to her because let's face it, she loves women more than herself.

But this time, Mina feels like she has to explore, not because she is a creep but due to some unknown reason, she wants to check if the girl is okay.

That afternoon, her feet drag her to the small cafè located right at the street across Höfe Am Brühl, Leipzig's biggest mall. Maybe with a slight hope and tons of luck, the tiny one will show up again.

She takes a seat next to the window, orders her iced Americano. Every time the bell above the door rings, her ears perk up while her eyes scan for the person who just entered.

From students to old ladies with flower hats, she feels like the entire town passed by her like a parade.

Okay, maybe she is acting like a creep.

"Why didn't you wake me up today?" she complains to Jihyo on the phone, sipping her second glass of iced Americano.

"I didn't want to disturb you. Do you know you look like an angel when you sleep?" Jihyo teases.

"I missed the early lecture, Jihyo!"

"I'm sorry. Where are you now?"

Mina went silent. She is fully aware that if she tells Jihyo where she is, the other woman's smart brain will make the connections, and she'll dump everything to come collect her.

But her silence is enough to tell Jihyo.

"You're at the cafe?" the medical student exclaims.

"I just want to make sure she's okay, Ji. Nothing more. I promise!"

"I'll send you back to Japan forever if you bother her."

Suddenly, the bell rings again, capturing Mina's attention. The rest is like a movie. Mina automatically blocks out Jihyo and the rest of the world. Her mind? As blank as paper and something's stuck in her throat. Her eyes caught sight of the girl, not taller than 1.60m.

The girl she has been waiting for enters the coffee shop. Laptop in her hands, headphones around her neck and the same artistic backpack on her shoulders. Same T-shirt with the same red words written on its front. Same shoes with the same flowers decorating them. Same hair, same eyes. They look a little lost.

She stands by the door for a couple of seconds, before heading for the same seat she occupied yesterday.

Why does everything feel like a deja vù?