Chapter 1

Ever lived the college life?

Better. Ever lived the college life in Germany? A country way out of your league, out of the ordinary and most importantly 5636 miles away from yours?

Well Mina does. And because of her ambitious self and fascination for European culture, she finds herself in Leipzig, a city just an hour away from Berlin. To be honest, it's fun living here because Leipzig is way prettier than the hectic metropolis of Berlin.

And Mina hates crowded places.

Plus, it really is a place where you find the best universities for aspiring engineers like herself. So, she learns to ignore people's shitty attitudes, just suck it up and continues her second year in this foreign country.

"Momo, I'm fine! I promise."

She listens to a heavy sigh coming from the other end of the line and she sighs to herself too.

"You don't sound fine, Minari" the other woman states.

Mina closes her eyes in an attempt to collect herself and not start screaming at Momo, who seems to ignore her when she says that she is okay...for real.

"I'm getting used to this place and my university. Everything runs just smoothly. So stop worrying, okay?"

"Okay then, when are you coming back? Sana said she misses her favorite pasta maker," Momo chuckles a little bit, putting a smile onto Mina's face as she remembers her silly best friends she had to leave behind.

"Winter semester is almost over. I have to wait for my exams to finish completely and then I'll be back in Kobe in no time. And then, you'll get to annoy the fuck out of me in less than a month, how does that sound?" Mina teases her best friend.

"Are you saying that I'm the annoying one when a whole Minatozaki Sana exists in this trio? Do you really wanna know what is gonna happen once you step foot into Japan? That girl will basically become your second skin, Myoui!" Momo scoffs.

Mina covers her mouth with her palm to stop her laughter for being too loud. She is so focused on Momo's exaggerated statement, that she doesn't even notice a blonde waitress hovering over her with a glass.

Mina blinks a few times at the woman, her face wearing a blank expression, making the woman in front of her to repeat what she said when Mina wasn't paying attention.

"Iced Americano?" the waitress grows impatient.

"Ah! Das ist für mich! Danke!" Mina exclaims in one breath.

"Mina? What happened?" Momo asks through the phone.

"Nothing. It was just the waitress bringing my coffee," she informs her best friend.

"You sound hot speaking German even though it's probably the most un-romantic language ever. What did you say?"

Mina face palms herself at Momo's antics. She even debates whether to answer the girl's question but eventually, she gives in.

"I said, yes this coffee is for me. Such a relevant information right, Momo?"

To Mina's surprise, there is some muffled sounds on the line, a loud thud, two voices fighting, featuring Momo's cursing and then another voice, distinctly adorable and cutesy greets Mina on the phone.

"Mina! Mina Mina Mina Mina! My baby!" a super hyped Sana squeals in excitement.

"Hang up, Mina! She's not worth your time! " Momo yells from a distance.

"It's not my fault you fall off the bed that easily, Momo."

"You fucking PUSHED me!"

"You should have kept your balance," Sana keeps mocking the other woman, while Mina feels trapped in the middle. Again.