Uncle Rhodey

Rhodey and Tony was going to a meeting to fix whatever problem regarding the accords for a week at SHIELD main headquarter. He was currently riding the elevator to Tony's floor, hands typing on his phone, telling Ross that they were going to be there in a few hours.

When the elevator slid open, he barely took a few steps when he looked up from his phone and immediately came to a halt. Right in front of him was Tony. Nothing was weird with that, but the boy in his arms was really not what he had expected. Both of them still didn't notice him, watching them with eyes wide open.

"It's just for a week Petey. It won't be long, alright? You'll be fine. I'll make sure to call you every day. Promise.", Tony said, right hand slowly playing with the boy's curly hair. Rhodey swore he had never heard his best friend who he had known since his college year talked with such a soft tone, maybe with Pepper, BUT THAT BOY WAS NOT PEPPER. This brought him to his only conclusion, 'I HAVE A SECRET NEPHEW THAT EVEN I DIDNT KNOW'.

"Pinky promise?", the boy, Petey(?) asked, eyes wet like a kicked puppy. Before Tony could say anything, a loud gasp had caught both of their attention.

"Tony! WTF! When are you going to tell me? I'll let you know that I'm deeply wounded", he seemed genuinely upset. Peter looked at him, eyes shocked while Tony looked at him confused.

"You mean...when am I going to tell you that I have... an intern?", voice heavy with confusion.

Rhodey just gave him a disapproval look, clearly didn't believe him. He just ignored the man and walked towards the boy.

"Hey, boy. I don't know if your dad had told you about me or not but you can call me Uncle Rhodey.", he smiled at his new nephew.

Peter and Tony both just looked at him in horror and for a few seconds, nobody said anything.

"Rhodey dear, I think we have a severe misunderstanding right here.", he face palmed himself while Peter blushed and stood there awkwardly.

"W-what? B-ut,b-but"

"BUT, he is as good as mine, so you're not that far from the truth. Come on, we're already late. I'll fill you in the jet.", he hugged Peter one more time and gave him a kiss on his forehead.

Rhodey just looked at them back and forth and decided to let it go for now.

"Whatever. I'm still your uncle though. So you better call me Uncle Rhodey", he told Peter.

Peter just gave him a shy smile but nodded. "Okay, see after the meeting Uncle Rhodey."

The respond made his grinned even wider.

————————————————

In the jet, Tony told him everything about Peter, his parents, his uncle and aunt, and Spiderman. Rhodey, of course, gave him an earful lecture about letting his 'nephew' to Germany but was glad that at least Tony had another person who cared about him.

He just looked at Tony fondly and gave him a smirk every night when he had a phone call with Peter. He also joined them if they face-timed each other.

Exactly three days after they left the compound, Peter was having a breakdown on the call because he missed Tony so much, and he just watched Tony calmed the boy down with wet eyes. He didn't know much about their relationship, but after that call he 100% believed that it was pure and they really loved each other.

He even talked about Peter over the phone with Pepper and she couldn't help but tell him what a wonderful boy he was and even sent a lot of pictures of Tony and Peter cuddling during movie nights, which had managed to melt his heart because of the cuteness.

Whenever Tony missed Peter, he would talk about 'his kid' to him for hours, not that Rhodey ever mind.

Finally, the week was over and they went back to the compound to a happy Peter, who immediately attacked Tony with hugs.

He also hugged his 'Uncle Rhodey' afterward.

Ever since that, Rhodey had gone to the compound thrice as often than before to spend time with Tony, Pepper and his new nephew.