Uncle Rhodey pt.2

It was a month later when Tony needed to go for another meeting with Rhodey. But instead of for a week like last time, the meeting was for two weeks.

They were finally gathering all of them who were involved in the Civil War except for Spiderman because his identity and whereabouts were still unknown.

Peter who had spent more time with his dad and uncle, was really upset. And it was more upsetting when he found out that Pepper was going with them too, something about needing to tell the guy with the eye patch to stop getting her fiancé in every mission every 2 days.

May was fortunately taking a week off, and more than happy to spend time with her nephew, so Tony had convinced her to just stay at the tower until they got back instead of sending Peter back to her apartment.

"Make sure you get home before twelve when you go out patrolling, call me if anything happens, text me before you go to bed and do not skip meals", Tony said as he hugged the boy.
"Tony, you don't have to worry much. I know how to take care of a spiderbaby", May rolled her eyes but smirked fondly.

This time Peter didn't really feel sad like last time because he could finally spend time with his aunt, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to miss them like crazy.

Tony, on the other hand, was really upset and annoyed as he was sulking in the jet as soon as they took off, much to Pepper's and Rhodey's amusement.
——————————————————

Tony was really bored out of his mind. He was currently sitting between Steve and Natasha in the meeting room. Scott didn't come as he'd already signed the Accords and just wanted to spend time with his daughter.

Steve was listening to Ross's irrelevant points and just plainly annoyed with him.
He was pretty sure the King of Wakanda was the only person who was really listening, so Steve tuned him out and took a glance at his surroundings.
Pepper was sitting across to him next to Rhodey. Clint, Wanda, and Sam were sitting at the end of the other side.

He stole a glance towards Tony and frowned when he saw the man had taken his phone out. Normally, he would tell him to focus on the meeting, but on the screen was something like a family photo.
It wasn't really weird to see Pepper and Rhodey in them but what caught his attention was a boy in Tony's embrace, both were grinning brightly.

He looked up and saw Tony gave a faint smile with fond eyes, as he ran his finger on the boy's face.

He noticed that Natasha had stopped listening too and was staring at him with the same expression as he had. Natasha and Steve looked at each other and back at the man next to them.

They didn't know why, but they kept on staring at the picture, studying the happy boy as they had a hard time to believe the grinning man in the picture was the same Stark that they once knew or at least they thought they knew. They both flinched when the phone vibrated as it received a call. Tony had set his phone on silent, so Ross hadn't noticed them.

Tony knew that everybody else, however, was staring at him. Rhodey and Pepper were shooting an amused smirk while Sam and Wanda just looked pathetically confused.

Clint was shooting curious look at Natasha and had increased the power of his hearing aids, so he could eavesdrop.

But Tony couldn't care less. It had been a very long day and he wanted to talk to his son, so he picked up the phone.

"Hey, kiddo. How're you doing?", he made sure that his voice was low so that only he, Steve, Natasha and Clint could hear (much to Sam and Wanda frustration).