Birthday Cake pt.2

A week after Peter's birthday, he got sick. Like super sick. He can barely sit up by himself. His forehead glistening with sweat and eyes drooping low. May was about to take the day off to stay home but Tony offered to take him to the compound instead and she agreed.

So that was how Peter found himself laying down on the couch on Tony's floor.
Tony had already told the other Avengers to not come up to his floor today. He was currently trying to make chicken soup porridge that Pepper always did everytime he got sick. He was about to scoop them into a bowl when the elevator slid open and revealed Captain America, Black Widow, and Hawkeye.

Tony cursed under his breath because he had muted FRIDAY and tried to make the room as quiet as possible for his kid, which meant, he couldn't scream at the others to get the hell out of here. So he settled with giving them a heated glare and put his finger on his lips, telling them to be quiet.

Steve and the others had been waiting for Tony in the meeting room for 30 minutes and thought that he might've forgotten about them. So, Steve, Natasha, and Clint decided to go to his floor while Sam, Wanda, and Bucky stayed behind. When they got there, they were confronted with Tony's disapproval glare. His brows were bumped together in a scowl and frustration crinkled in his eyes. Natasha was about to say something when he gestured them to be quiet earning a confused look from the others.

Tony just rolled his eyes and walked towards the couch, followed closely
by the trio. They didn't notice the boy until Tony carefully pulled the boy's head and slid his lap under the still sleeping boy's head.

Clint's eyes lit up as soon as they landed on the boy and his face practically beamed up when he turned to others. They'd been talking about Tony's son since he made that birthday cake last week and Clint wouldn't shut up about he and Scott weren't the only dads on the team. It was a shame that Scott couldn't make it here today.

They didn't know whether to stay or go back to their floor, but when Clint dragged Natasha to sit shamelessly on the other couch, they just decided to stay much to Tony's irritation. "Petey? Wake up you need to eat something before you take the med.", he ran his fingers on Peter's head and smile fondly when the said boy blinked his eyes to consciousness.

"I don' wanna", his words were slurred and he buried his face into Tony's stomach and curled into a ball. "Peter, please? It tastes good and you don't have to finish them, I promise. Just take a bite and if you want more I'll give you more, hmm?".

The trio just watched with wide eyes because they never saw Tony spoke so soft before. Not even to Pepper and he looked so parental with the way his face scrunched in worrisome. They turned their gaze to the boy as he kept on refusing to eat the food, which made Tony more worried.

"Peter, please? For me?", he put the spoon at the corner of Peter's lips. Peter just looked at him for a moment before slowly taking a bite. Tony waited until Peter opened his mouth again asking for more.
The others just watched and couldn't help but impressed with his parental skills. They'd never thought he was capable to take care of literally any living thing.

Halfway feeding the boy, he looked up and he seemed like he just remembered their presence in his living room. He just sighed and narrowed his eyes at them. "What are you guys doing here again?".

The others just averted their eye contacts and looked at Steve who was fidgeting under the attention. "Erm, we were supposed to have a meeting and you weren't there and we thought you might've forgotten about it".

Well, he did forget about it. No amount of important meetings were more important than Peter anyway. "Fine. Just give me five more minutes.", he put the now-empty bowl on the coffee table and snatched the bottle med into his hands and gave it to Peter who still hadn't noticed about the unwanted guests. Tony just chuckled fondly when the kid scrunched his face when he swallowed the med.

"Come on, Underoos. Let me take you to your room before I go to the meeting.", he tried to lift the boy up but he just buried his face into Tony's stomach and tightened his hands on his front shirt.
"Nooo... I wan' t' stay with ye", Peter whined.

The others felt bad for making him go to the meeting. Steve thought that maybe they could postpone the meeting to tomorrow.

"Tony? It's okay. We can just do the meeting tomorrow. You can just stay with your son."

Tony, who didn't notice that Stebe just called Peter his son and didn't know why Clint was squealing, just sighed and gave a grateful look. "Thank you, Cap.", he said before adjusting their position so that he could lie down next to Peter. He closed his eyes for five seconds before opened them again and looked at the trio, eyebrow raised.

"Well, aren't you gonna go or something?"

They just blushed when they realized they were staring but before they could move to the elevator, Clint took the remote and switched on the tv but made sure to slow down the volume. "Might as well stay."

Steve and Natasha looked at each other and joined the birdbrain on the couch. They knew Tony won't shout at them to get lost if he didn't want to wake the sleeping boy up. Tony just silently groaned but just closed his eyes and hugged the boy closer.

Meanwhile in the meeting room...

"WHERE THE CRAP ARE THEY?"

"WHAT TAKES THEM SO LONG?"

"THAT'S IT! I'M GOING BACK TO BED!"