Justice of Virginia Potts (pt.1)

Summary:
Pepper Potts was a strong woman, and no one doubted that. She also loved Tony to death and had always worried about his bad habits of not taking care of himself. But everything changed when Peter Parker entered their life. She saw how Peter made Tony changed for the better. They were happy with how close of a family they were. Pepper and Tony loved Peter Parker like their own son. Everything was perfect.

But happiness doesn't always last forever. It's time for her to stop depending on Tony and the Avengers to fight the villains. It's time for her to stop hiding in the tower like a damsel in distress. Maybe this time, she will join the battlefield to protect people that she loves. For her family. She will fight till the endgame.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Pepper Potts had just arrived at the tower after 5 weeks in New Zealand for a business trip and she was downright exhausted. She looked at her wristwatch as she entered the elevator. 10:45 p.m.

     She sighed. She really hoped that her fiance could stop whatever it was he was doing right now because she really needed him to hold her. At the end of the day, she was a human too. She needed affection from the one she loved. Tony was probably locking himself in his lab again like he always did whenever she wasn't home and she scoffed in annoyance at the thought.

     She stepped out of the elevator, threw her bag and high heels on the couch, before making her way to the kitchen to have a glass of water for her dry throat. Right before she entered the kitchen, she came into an immediate halt. She could hear a faint conversation between Tony and another voice that she wasn't familiar with. She then recalled that Tony had told her that someone was coming over but she didn't ask who it was.

     She moved quietly and took a peep from the entrance of the kitchen. She could feel her jaw slacked at what she was seeing. Whatever she was expecting, she clearly did not expect Tony talking with a boy, so young, at the kitchen counter. There were books scattered on the counter but Tony and the boy were mainly focusing on one book in front of them.

     "How about this one, Mr. Stark?", she heard the boy asked, his voice was soft and calm. "That one you just have too....", she just tuned out as her fiance explained something about physics. What surprised her more was that he used a very soft tone which was so soothing and he seemed to be so relax and content. One more thing she noticed was that how close they were sitting. Everyone knew that Tony didn't like it when people entered his personal bubble.

     As much as she found this really adorable, she really needed to know who this boy was and why was Tony helping him with some school homework. She might have assumed that this was probably Tony's kid from his past. She has had this conversation with Tony. That if he somehow managed to get someone pregnant during his playboy era, she wouldn't be mad and would just accept the child. She just smiled softly to herself as she shifted further into the kitchen and cleared her throat.

     She watched as both of them snapped their heads so fast that for a moment she thought their necks were going to break. She almost laughed at how funny the boy's face was. His eyes were wide and mouth was slightly ajar. Her heart melted when she saw Tony's eyes lit up when he noticed her and he gave her the smile that she hadn't seen in a long time. The genuine smile that reminded her of why she fell for the man.

     She watched as her fiance stood up, walking towards her and planted a kiss on her cheek. "Hey Pep? You're alright?", he asked. She smiled in response before looking back at the poor boy who was clearly still in shock. "Who do we have here?", she asked kindly as not to scare him more than he already was. He hastily stood up and tried to smooth his none existence wrinkles on his clothes.