one | jacob

TODAY'S THE START OF SECOND SEMESTER, but before that, our adviser first handed out the awards in our classroom for the last semester

"and our overall top 1 and got with highest honors is..." before our adviser announce the name, she looked at me.

"ms. eve martinez." my friends clapped for me, and my other classmates. they are really proud for me since the overall top 1 is from our strand.

well hold on, there are other strands and the strand i'm taking is "the accounting, business and management or also known as "abm."

the other strands are stem (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) and humss (humanities and social sciences).

"congratulations eve! keep up the good work, i'm expecting that you'll be the valedictorian in your graduation." my adviser said while smiling and i smiled back at her

after handing out our awards, our teacher leave the classroom since it's break time already. my friends and i went to the cafeteria. and i quickly bought some food to treat them as a celebration for my award.

"congrats again eve, i'm so proud of you!" my bestfriend ashlee said to me while smiling.

"correction, we are so proud of you!" my other friends said and get me a group hug. i silently feel touched with what they did, no one can replace them.

after that precious moment, i went to the stem department with my bestfriend to tell the news with my other friends in there.

"congrats!" my stem friends said in unison.

"omg we're so proud of you!" my humss friend eula said.

i smiled to them and hug them, since my stem friends are my friends since the 7th grade.

and days passed and months passed, i just do what i always do. studying to have good grades. good thing, my parents doesn't pressure me to study, i just love studying.

because what would i do other than studying? when i study, i don't have to think of anything else.

but i have a secret to tell, even though my bestfriend and i are really open to each other. i just love to keep some things or problems to myself.

because after all, we only have ourselves.

"you're spacing out again." my mom said and she has this worryness look on her face

"oh i'm just worried with the results of my exams." i said to ease her worryness and she replied "oh honey, i'm sure it will be good. you need to go downstairs it's nearly midnight and new year's coming."

i smiled and she went out downstairs, and i picked my phone and also went out.

every new year instead of also using fireworks we only use loud banging speakers as our noise maker since it's safer and we won't add unecessary air pollution.

as i went outside, my family and i watched the fireworks outside while grilling some barbeques. and the countdown starts.

but i have this tradition, when the new year countdown starts, i habitually do to make a wish. 

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6,.." my daddy cheerily said.

i closed my eyes and wish for "happiness." i don't know why i wish for that, i just want to.

"and 1! happy new year!" my little brother said and after that we jumped and loudly sing the songs playing on our speaker while the fireworks are still on going.

we are happy. the four of us are happy. not until my phone vibrated.

it was a friend request with a message request.

"jacob ry gurra wants to add you."
confirm | delete

i open the message request and it's also from him.

"hey, finally found you ; )"