Chapter 14

Martin's P.O.V

"So, Martin...uh remember that demo that I heard you playing once?" Gabe asked.

"Which one?" I asked. I have many demos.

"Uh the one that you mostly made with strings..."

"Oh, that one..."

"Yeah. So I have a friend that can get in touch with this new uprising British singer."

"And...?"

"And I think her voice would be great with it. Come on, just think about it. Martin Garrix and Dua Lipa. It'll be a hit!" Gabe said enthusiastically.

"Well...maybe." Dimple wouldn't mind right? It's just a demo. I can make her another one. "Okay. Get in touch with her. Let's do it!" I grinned.

**************

"And that's how we made 'Scared to be lonely'." I said into the mic.
Dua and I were live on Kiss FM, sitting in their studio. We were being interviewed about our song.

"So, Martin. The track has a very melodic feel to it. So much passion. Were you thinking about something or perhaps, someone when you were making it?" The host, Brielle, asked

"Oh uh... Yeah, yeah I was thinking of someone. Someone very special and dear to my heart."

"Aww that's cute." Brielle said. "Speaking of someone special, Dua, anyone special in your life?"

"Uh not yet but maybe soon..." She said twirling her seat and facing me before facing Brielle back.

Um...what was that?

"Ooooh okay..." Brielle said smirking at us. I just laughed nervously because I had no idea what was going on.

"Martin, you're gonna be playing at Coachella for the first time in some weeks, how's it feel?" She asked.

"Oh, I can't wait! It feels crazy!" I said excitedly.

"Well, there you have it guys. Martin, Dua, it was lovely having you guys."

"Thank you for having us." I said grinning.

"Bye guys, make sure you tune in next time. I'm Brielle and this is Kiss FM." She said smiling. "And it's a wrap." She said taking off her headphones.

"Thank you guys." She said hugging me and Dua.

We walked out of the studio and onto the street.
"That was fun." She said.

"Uh huh, sure was. I gotta get going now, I have a club show to prepare for."

"Oh, can I come watch you play?" She asked.

"Yeah, sure. That'd be great."

"Alright, I'll see you." She said walking away.

I arrived at the club in the evening. I was about to go on when I remembered that Dimple hadn't given me my good luck charm. I miss her so much. I sent her a message on Instagram.

Hey, baby. Missing you like crazy. About to go on!😘.

Missing you too babe. Good luck xx.

I smiled seeing her message and went on stage.

"What's up, everybody?!" I screamed in the mic. The crowd cheered back. "1, 2, 1 2 3! Let's go!" I screamed as I started playing 'Tremor'. (Do you guys love this song?)

I saw Dua pushing her way through the crowd. And when she was up front, she blew me a kiss and started cheering with the crowd. I just smiled back at her. When I was done with my set, I went backstage and grabbed a towel, wiping off my sweat and I drank some water. Luckily, the club had a shower so I could quickly rinse off. I changed into a new shirt and went to the VIP section. Dua immediately looked up when she saw me and pulled me into a hug.