Prologue

Warnings: Chapter 4 spoilers, death, some suicidal thoughts, and overall it's just sad
Also there's probably some grammar and formatting mistakes
This is mainly just to recap what happened after the execution and some of Kokichi's thoughts (well, his thoughts in my headcanon)

Third Person POV

They had just watched Gonta, their friend and probably the sweetest man they've ever met, brutally killed before their eyes. He was stung by a hoard of bees/wasps (i know nothing about bugs so idk) and was stabbed through the stomach by another insect, then burnt to a crisp.
Monokuma was rambling about his dead kids or something but no one really cared. Tsumugi, Himiko, and Shuichi were all crying. "Dammit! Why did it turn out like this!?" Kaito clenched his fist. You could tell that he was trying not to cry.
Maki changed the subject "Hey, Kokichi...why don't you tell us now? What is the secret of the outside world? If we don't know it, then we won't be able to understand or accept it." Tsumugi joined in, almost yelling. "I...can't accept it either, Kokichi! What is the secret of the outside world!? What kind of secret would push Gonta that far!?" Kokichi gave no response. "Kokichi, if you cared for Gonta, explain yourself to everyone and-" Kaito was cut off. "I don't...want to..." Kokichi was staring down at the floor, trying to hide his pain. "You what?" Shuichi asked, staring at the smaller boy. Kokichi's face morphed into a creep smile, but there was still saddness there behind his eyes. "I don't want to, stupidhead!"

Kokichi POV

Shit, I let my mask break. Smile Kokichi, you have to convince them you're the mastermind or the plan will fail. "I don't want to. stupidhead!" Seriously me? You couldn't come up with anything better than 'stupidhead'? I heard Shuichi's voice, he was obviously shocked, I don't blame him. "Kokichi!?"
I began to laugh "Ah-hahahaha! Oh man, did you fall for all that fake crying!?" Why did it hurt so much? I really didn't want to do this but I had to. "You're so dumb! I would never cry for Gonta!" Shumai, please tell me you can see through these lies.. "F-fake...crying?" Shirogane looked terrified. Shuichi please I need you to tell them...or are my lies that convincing? Still holding my smile, I replied, almost laughing again to make the act more convincing. "If I said the actual truth back there, Gonta would've been reeeeal mad! That would've interfered with the game so I simply lied to calm him down." I made my smile creepier. Shuichi why aren't you saying anything!? "See? As long as you lie for a good purpose, right?" "What!?" I swear I could see Momota take a step back to get further away from me. "What do you mean, what really happened!? Why did you make him do that!?" Shuchi looked scared as he spoke.
So you couldn't see through my lies after all Saihara... I wanted to cry so much but I knew I couldn't, instead I just kept my 'evil' grin. "Obviously, so it wouldn't be boring!" "What are you...?" Saihara trailed off at the end. My tone shifted to a matter-of-fact one instead of a cocky and evil one. "I gave Gonta an incentive, ciz I thought it'd liven up the game. C'mon, think about it. If I actually wanted to save everyone, like what Gonta did..." Back to the smile and an evil tone of voice. "I wouldn't have betrayed Gonta. You should've realized that." "Th-then...why did Gonta-" It hurt to listen to Saihara right now and I don't know why, so I cut him off.
I began laughing again "Nee-heehee...nee-heeheeheehee..." Everyone looked scared besides Harukawa. "Who cares about that idiot!? I wanna enjoy this game filled with suspicion and betrayal from the bottom of my heart!" That's probably the biggest lie I've ever told. I saw Saihara's fearful look morph into a more hateful one. I just want to run away and cry. "I am the supreme leader of evil, so it's obvious my personality would be twisted. The more you suffer, the more I enjoy it." I just want to end all of this... "There are people in this world who spread grief and misery for no reason than the thrill of it! And I'm one of those people. Nothing pleases me more than inflicting pain on others!"
Was Momota shaking...? Wow...I guess I am pretty convincing... "S-seriously... Who the hell do you think you are?" Harukawa was glaring at me with anger and fear in her eyes, yet she still look composed. "So...for your own entertainment, you sacrificed Miu and Gonta?" I put my hands behind my head
"What's so bad about that? You kill people for money...right, Maki Roll?" I hate using that nickname. "Someone like you has no right to call me Maki Roll..." All fear in her eyes vanished and all that was left was pure anger. "...Do you want to die?" And there's her catchphrase. Dying actually sounds pretty nice right now.
"Nee-heehee...you look so much better with a scowl on your face, Maki Roll." I smiled innocently. "But hey, you guys are waaay too trusting. If only you had suspected me more, then..." My innocent smile contoured into my creepiest smile.
"...Ah-hahahaha! Miu and Gonta wouldn't have died such meaningless deaths!" I should plan a way to run and hide while still staying in character or something. Kaito ran over to me, about to punch me. Instead, I punched him, knocking him to the ground. "Oops, sorry! I tried to doge you...but I punched you instead." That was so cringy. "Kaito" I heard Saihara call out. Why did it hurt so much...? All he did was call out a name... "Y-you...!" Momota was searching for words I think.
"By the way Kaito, is it just me...?" The least I can do is point out his sickness to everyone so he can get help... "Or are you waaay slower?" "Ah..." Momota was at a loss for words. "Maybe, just maybe... Kaito is hiding something from us, too." Harukawa ran over to Momota. "Kaito! Are you okay!?" She glared at me with piercing eyes but I acted like I didn't care.
"For someone who claims to be bad at fighting, you were pretty agile just now." "Ah-haha! And you believed a lie like that!?" I can't even remember when I said that I couldn't fight. Oh well. "You...really want to die, don't you!?" Actually, you're right Harukawa. "Oh, did I fianlly provoke you enough? Is it cuz of Kaito?" "No, Maki!"
Saihara...? Is he trying...to protect me? Or does he just want Harukawa to stay out of trouble? "What am I thinking? Maki wouldn't lose her cool for a guy like Kaito. He's waaaay too pathetic. He's all bark and no bite. Let's face it. The Ultimate Astronaut is just a trainee anywa-" I was cut off as everyone rushed to Momota's side. Kaito, are you hurt!?" Shirogane asked him, she seemed to be panicked. "Can you stand? Do you need to lean on ms shoulder?" Keebo added. Yumeno spoke up as well "S-sorry! My MP's at zero, so I can't use any recovery magic!" As usual... "Hey...why are you all so worried about thid pathetic gu-"
I was cut off by Saihara, who's words would cut deeper than any blade. "Pathetic? Look at yourself Kokichi." "...What?" What does he mean...? "Kaito always has us by his side, see? But no one wants to be around you. You're alone Kokichi. And always will be." I felt a tear drip from my eye, luckily no one noticed. I smiled with my hands behind my head and laughed. "Ah-haha! You're talking about friends? Friends don't make this game more entert-" I can't continue, I'm gonna cry soon, I have to hurry. "Geez, boooring. I'm no long interested." That was pathetic and cringy. "I don't care anymore... But I will tell you this..." I put on my creepy smile.
"The one who will win this game...is me." I left the room as soom as I could and began crying when I was out of earshot from everyone.

Word count: 1399