Chapter 1

Shuichi POV

Its been two days since the fourth trial and no one's seen Kokichi. I hadn't slept since the trial. I just couldn't handle the guilt. After the trial I had realized that Kokichi was lying. I can't believe I didn't see through it before. The pain in his eyes as he spoke was so obvious... After what I said to him, he's probably in his dorm crying. I should check on him and apologize.
I quickly went to the bathroom to brush my hair and then rushed out the door of my dorm. I didn't want to look suspicious and get any odd looks so I slowed down and walked over to Kokcihi's dorm.
I stood there for a few seconds and exhaled, then knocked twice.
No answer.
I knocked twice again.
No answer.
"Kokichi!?" I called out, the worry in my voice was obvious, I made no effort in hiding.
Then I heard what sounded like someone falling, papers scattering and being reorganized, then I finally heard footsteps. The door opened about 2 inches (5 cm), the first thing I noticed was a purple eye. I didn't know what the specific shade was, just that it was purple. Then I noticed pale skin and bags under the eye.
By that time Kokichi had spoken up. "Shuichi..?" His voice was quiet and shaky as if he were about to cry. This was one of the few times I saw him without the mask. "Sorry, I didn't mean to bother you, I just came to apologize." The smaller boy opened the door wider, put his arms behind his head, and grinned. "Oh?~ Mr. Detective is gonna apologize to meee?~ This must be good nee-hehe!"
His laugh is adorable- waIT WHAT DID I JUST SAY?! My cheeks heated up slightly, covering themselves in a barely noticeable pink blush. Of course Kokichi noticed. "Blushing too!? Is this some sort of love confessing Shumaiii?~"
My blush only got worse. "N-no it's not like that!" I quickly stammered, waving my hands and shaking my head. "You're so fun to tease Saihara-chan!~ So whatcha apologizing for?" Kokichi's mischievous look turned into a more serious one which was probably hiding a layer of worry and fear.
"M-may I come in first..?" My voice was quiet and shaky which was definitely not what I wanted to happen. "Sure just give me a second to clean up. You kinda woke me up and made me fall out of my bed nee-hehe!" I could tell it was a lie but didn't press him any further on it.

Kokichi POV

I shut the door and hurried over to my desk and shoved all the papers into random drawers. I'll hate my self for doing this but I'm not sure if I can trust him with my plan just yet. I mean, he was able to prosecute not just Gonta but Kaede as well. He can see through most of my lies. But what if it's a facade and he is the mastermind? Ugh theres so much more to consider but I don't have the time for that. I stared at my whiteboard for a few seconds. I don't think he'll care too much about that.
I shoved some of the boxes in my room to a single corner to make some more room and then opened the door. "Come in Shu-Shu!" I grinned, backing up a bit and putting my hands behind my back.
Shuichi's eyes quickly darted around the room I'm not surprised, he is a detective. "So what did you wanna apologize for?" My face became more serious.

Shuichi POV

I took a deep breath. "After the fourth class trial.. What I said to you. I'm sorry. What I said was super uncalled for and I want you to know I didn't mean it. I was just sad, angry, confused, and couldn't think straight. I'm so, so sorry. It's fine if you don't f-"

Word Count: 663

yummy a cliffhanger
also this is really short, sorry, im just dry out of ideas and wanted to add a cliffhanger
another sorry that this took forever to write
honestly i was just procrastinating most of the time
hopefully the next chapter will be out next week but like idk