Chapter 3

ya boi in a fluffy and angsty mood today
also im changing my paragraph spacing because how i used to do it was incorrect

Shuichi POV

Kokichi dragged me outside to the courtyard where we sat next to each other on a bench. "We're just in time for the sunset!" Kokichi almost yelled. I simply nodded and looked out at the slowly setting sun. The mix of beautiful colors calmed me, slowly draining away all my worries and fears. I couldn't even tell how long it's been.

When I snapped out of my daze due to the sound of the nighttime announcement, I looked over to my right where Kokichi was, only to be met by his head leaning on my shoulder, I assumed he was asleep since he was softly snoring. God he's cute.. Wait what did I just say!? I'm straight- Right? Now I'm questioning my own sexuality because of him. I sighed but didn't wake him up, hoping this moment would last forever.

I looked up at the sky and watched the stars. I wrapped my arm around Kokichi's waist, pulling him closer, and leaned my head on his. Before I knew it my world went dark and I was asleep.

Third Person POV

The dreadful feeling of despair lay heavy in the room. A familiar navy haired detective in the center of it all. Maki, Himiko, Tsumugi, Kaito and Keebo all surrounded Shuichi, trying to comfort him.

The fifth trial had just ended, revealing that Kokichi truly was dead.

Shuichi was on his knees, hugging Kokichi's bloodied clothes and sobbing. He was dead. The one person the detective cared for the most was gone, his smile, his words, his energetic personality, gone. The only place the supreme leader lived on was in the memories of Shuichi.

The memories that Shuichi would never forget. Their meeting. The first trial. Kokichi's subtle way of comforting Shucihi. The time Kokichi cut his finger and Shuichi bandaged it up. The Insect Meet and Greet. The second trial. The summoning ritual. Kokichi's fake death. The third trial. The talk they had in the New World Program. The fourth trial. The time Shuichi apologized to Kokichi. The time they watched the sunset together.

So many memories came flooding through Shuichi's mind only causing more tears to flow.

Then everything froze. Time itself stopped. In that split second, Shuichi opened his eyes to see Kokichi sitting on his lap, looking extremely worried.

Kokichi POV

A wave of relief washed over me as Shuichi's eyes fluttered open, "Oh thank God you're awake" I let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding. "K-Kokichi?" Shuichi muttered, very confused and tried. I got off his lap and sat next to him.

"If you don't mind me asking Shuichi, what were you dreaming about? When I woke up I saw you sobbing and got worried." I decided to leave out the him almost squeezing me to death part. Geez it almost feels weird showing genuine concern, have I really been hiding behind my mask that much? Shuichi glanced to the side.

"...It.. It was about you..." Me? "It was after a trial... The.. The fifth one..." Wait haven't there only been four? "You-"

Shuichi was cut off by Momota. You have to be fucking kidding me right now. "Shuichi!" He practically yelled, running over to us. Then he glared at me. "What the hell did you do to my sidekick!?" Of course. "Whatever could you mean Momota-Chaaan?" I titled my head to the side. I put on a mask of confusion, knowing full well why he's yelling at me.

"You made him cry didn't you!?" I was about to come up with a whitty comment but then, "K-Kaito, he didn't make me cry.." Momota turned to Shuichi with a face of genuine shock. "Then why does it look like you were crying?" I took one glance at Shuichi and could tell he was growing uncomfortable.

He opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off, "Sorry Mr. Ass-tronaut but Shumai and I got something important to do!~ You can pester Maki instead if you're that bored! Nee-hehe~"

I grabbed Shuichi by the arm and quickly dragged him away, leaving behind a confused Kaito. I headed to my lab, which I basically blackmailed Monokuma into opening for me, and dragged Shuichi inside.

"Kokichi, what was that all about?" I turned to Shuichi and thought for a second if I should lie or not. "Wellll-"

if there is a possible cliffhanger expect me to include it
k bye now