𝐑𝐚𝐩𝐡 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐱 𝐋𝐞𝐨

Requested by @grethandolan63

Title: Friendzone

"I like (y/n) and I know it's wrong because we're best friends and I'm a mutant turtle, but I think she might like me back, man."

Yes. I liked my best friend, (y/n). But there was no way I was gonna tell her this, so I explained it to the next best person (well, turtle) I knew. Leo. 

He listened intently but had yet to say anything as he sat on the dojo floor, watching me pace back and forth in front of him.

"So," I asked hopefully, "what should I do?" He sighed and stood up after looking around to make sure no one was listening.

"Raph, I'm only going to say this once. Don't tell her anything. Our priority is not to find love, it's to protect the people of New York. Please. Continue to be there as a friend, but nothing else." Then, he walked up to me and patted my shoulder. I didn't get a chance to shrug him off as I was still in shock so he just gave me a half smile and strolled away.

I growled and took out my T-Phone, pulling up (y/n)'s number and texting her to come over as soon as she could. She read the text, but didn't answer.

"I'll show him. Lame-o-nardo."

I ended up going back to my room and trying to sleep off my anger, but I ended up sleeping longer than I was supposed to as I woke up with a text from (y/n) saying she had arrived.

Two hours ago.

I jumped out of my bed and sprinted out of my room and towards the kitchen, where I would usually find her. I only found Mikey talking to ice-cream kitty. Said brother directed me towards the dojo with a knowing grin.

As I came to the door, I raised my hand to open it but slowly put it down again.

Was I ready to tell her how I felt or was this just to get back at Leo? I shook my head. It was now or never.

I slowly slid the door open a bit but froze at what I saw. Leo and (y/n). He had her pressed against the tree in the dojo as they kissed, oblivious to the fact that I had just caught them.

I slid the door closed and ran to my room, shaking off Donnie who was walking through the living room. I could feel his eyes on me until I slammed my door shut. I threw myself onto my bed and took deep breaths to keep myself from crying, but it didn't work as I felt a tear run down my face.

++++++++++

It'd been a week. I stayed in my room the whole time, ignoring when my brothers tried to get me out of my room. Except when Leo would try, I would throw a weapon at the door just to hear him scrabble away.

Finally, I heard a voice I hadn't heard in a week.

(Y/n).

I went and sat by the door to listen, but there was no way I was gonna open it to her. Yet.

"Look," she sighed, "I know you saw me and Leo a week ago and you're upset. But being protective is no reason to avoid me for a week, Raph."

Protective? She thought I was being her protective old brother?

"I mean, Leo and I have liked each other for a while, but he's your brother too, so there's no reason to ignore us like we've betrayed-"

I suddenly threw the door open, yanked her into my room, and slammed the door shut again.

"You think I'm protecting you? Like I'm your older brother," I whispered, "why? Why can't you see?"

"See what?" She asked, sitting on my bed.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. I was gonna lose it.

"You're so clueless." She gave a short, bitter laugh and stood up, stomping over to me.

"Why am I clueless?"

"Because I love you!" I suddenly burst out, causing her to flinch back.

"I've loved you since we met! Since we saved you and since you started hanging out with us! You just don't get it, do you?"

"Why didn't you say something sooner then? Why didn't you tell me? Why wait until now after you know about me and Leo?" She shouted back at me.

"Because I invited you over that day to confess to you! And when I saw you and Leo in the dojo I just..." I trailed off. What could I say to her now? It was obvious Leo was her world and I was too late. 

I was Pluto compared to the Earth.

"Look, Raph. I'm sorry, okay. If you had told me sooner maybe we could've been something but you waited too long and Leo took advantage of that. There's nothing I can do now but say no to you. I'm sorry."

She looked up at the ceiling, trying to conceal tears, and looked back at me. Then, she opened her mouth as to say something else, closed it, and quietly left.

I took two steps and fell before getting to my bed. I crawled the rest of the way and fell onto it as tears once again began to fall from my masked eyes.

I lost the one person I had ever loved.

Never again.

A single, and final tear fell before I physically felt my heart contract and then harden.

Never.

++++++++++

Wow. Just wow. I loved the idea of this one, just loved it. 

Hope you liked it. Request, please!