Scared?

You looked at her, you knew she could see your hesitation.

"(Y/n), come on we have to go" she said softly.

The Cyberman behind you started shooting at you and you jumped, quickly running past Missy and out of that room. She followed you, until the pair of you were running down that corridor quickly, and you only stopped when you both knew you were far enough away from that room.

Your hands collapsed onto your knees as you panted for air. You took deep breaths, trying to regain the oxygen. You looked up at Missy who had a concerned face on and you stood up straighter, breathing better now.

"I..is that your blood? Did the Cyberman hurt you?" She asked in worry, moving towards you.

You backed away from her, causing Missy to look at you, hurt and confusion in her eyes. You couldn't let her come close to you. As much as you wanted to let her, it was the only way to make sure you were safe. You sighed, looking down at your blood stained shirt.

"No, a erm..a bloody heart fell out of the Cyberman. Although that little stain there is mine. I bit the inside of my cheek when Yaz..." you trailed off swallowing thickly and turning your face away slightly.

"(Y/n)" she said softly as she took a few steps closer to you.

You stepped back away from her. You really didn't want to. You wanted her close, you wanted her to hold you, you wanted to hug her. But you had to stay away to make sure you were safe. Missy sighed as she watched you back away from her.

"Stay back" you said quietly, stepping away from her.

"(Y/n) I'm not going to hurt you" she said, still walking closer to you.

"No! Stay back!" You shouted more firmly.

She sighed watching you as she continued to walked closer to you. You sighed, really not wanting to back away from her anymore. It was an internal battle. In your heart you wanted to hug her close, but your head kept telling you to keep her away so you'd be safe. You didn't know what to do.

You didn't realise how long you'd been debating internally. Missy was standing right in front of you, your bodies paper instance from each other.

"(Y/n)" she said quietly, reaching her hand out so her fingers brushed past your arm.

You shivered at the touch, she was so close, it was killing you inside on what to do.

"Missy..." you whispered, refusing to look up.

She gently wrapped her hands around your wrist, moving even closer to you so that your bodies were just touching.

"Do I scare you?" She whispered, caressing your wrist with her thumb.

You could feel her breath brush past your ear and warm your neck. You bit your lip, your throat going dry and the heat rising up our neck. You refused to look up at her. You just couldn't. You were fighting so much internally on what you should do that your body was refusing to move.

You felt Missy's other hand come up and reach your chin, tilting your head up so you'd look at her. You swallowed, your heart fluttering. She looked directly into your (e/c) eyes as she spoke.

"(Y/n)" she whispered, her hand moving so that it was placed on the side of your neck, never breaking contact "Are you scared of me?" She asked.

Your faces were so close to one another. You looked deep into her ice blue eyes for a few moments in silence. When you looked into them, you knew. You knew what to do. You weren't fighting internally anymore.

You shook your head a little against her hand on your neck. Of course you weren't scared of her, how could you be. Your heart didn't beat faster out of fear when you saw her. It was something much more, something much better.

"No" you whispered, still looking into each other's eyes. "I'm not scared of you"

A small smile appeared on her lips, as did yours.

"Good" she smiled.

You sighed, leaning forward and wrapping your arms around her neck, embracing her. She hugged you back, wrapping her arms around your waist. You buried your face into the crook of her neck, inhaling deeply. She smelt...amazing...

"I'd hate for you to be afraid of me" she said.

"Why are you always so different" you whispered, squeezing her.

She chuckled, squeezing you back. You released a shaky breath as you closed your eyes, just taking in this moment of warmth and comfort.

"You okay?" She asked, pulling back a little.

You nodded your head.

"Yeah. My face doesn't hurt anymore" you said "the inside of my cheek does a bit where I bit down but I'm just not going to touch that" you told her.

She looked at you in concern for a few moments before nodding her head and letting you go.

"We should probably head back to the others" she told you.

You nodded your head and you both started walking down. You walked in silence, the both of you knowing that you were afraid to go back to the others. You didn't know what to do when you faced Yaz again. What were you supposed to say to her? How would you react? You had absolutely no idea.

Missy could sense your struggle and she slowly linked your hands together. You looked over to her, smiling in gratitude. You took a deep breath, trying to clear your head.

"How did you know how to pilot the ship?" Missy asked, breaking the silence and bringing you out of your thoughts.

You looked over at her, s smile on your face.

"I did an air cadet programme through school. I failed obviously" you said, causing Missy to chuckle and you to smile, her laugh was so beautiful, "but I leant the basic stuff of how to fly a small plane. I might not have passed but I know how to turn. The controls looked really familiar so I just turned round so we're heading back to the TARDIS. We should be arriving in a few minutes" you said.

"That was cleaver of you" Missy smiled. "Getting us all back without any help"

You looked over at her, smiling. It was good to smile again. She always made it better.

"Thanks" you smiled.

Missy just squeezed your hand as you continued making your way to the conversion chambers. All the way there, you couldn't help but think.

no, you really weren't scared of her. And you never could be.