Mother

You continued to gasp for air through your damaged throat. The woman quickly rushed to your side, crouching down and rubbing your back. You initially flinched away from her touch, still shaking slightly at the thought of her throttling you again. However surprisingly her touch was soothing and she seemed to really want to help you.

You had no idea how this woman knew you. You just stared at her with a million questions running through your mind all at once. You regained your breath, your eyes properly meeting her green ones.

"I'm sorry...I didn't recognise you...I haven't seen you in so long" the woman said. "I thought you had done something to Cobi when I smelt his scent on you. I'm sorry I wouldn't have hurt you if I'd known it was you"

"W..who...who are you.." you asked, your voice raspy and cracking through its damage.

"You don't recognise me?" She asked, looking at your lost face before her face morphed into realisation "Oh...of course not. You said something about time travel being complicated." She said in almost a rushed tone.

"W..who's...Cobi...?" You asked shakily.

"My son, my baby. I sent him to you. To get him away from here. From danger. I'm Sara" She told you.

You looked at her, your theories being confirmed. That baby's name was Cobi. And this woman, Sara, was his mother.

"Y..you were..a wolf...." you breathed, backing away slightly.

"Calm down. Wow it's strange seeing you like this. You knew everything when I last saw you. Yes, I'm a werewolf" she told you.

You stared at her, swallowing slightly. You tried to register everything in your head and let it sink in.

"I..I thought...werewolves only changed in the full moon?" You asked through your damaged voice.

She chuckled slightly "that's when we don't have any control over when we change. Other times we can change whenever we want to" she informed you.

You nodded "s..so...Cobi's a werewolf. That explains a few things" you mumbled, smiling slightly "he growled at me"

Her expression hardened, full of worry and tense. She quickly grabbed you by your arms, squeezing them harshly, causing you to whine in pain as you were forced to look at her.

"Where is he?! Is he safe! Please tell me he's safe! He better be safe!" Sara shouted as her grip on your arms tightened.

You let out a scream at how strong her grip was. You had no idea someone could be this strong. As soon as you voiced your pain she quickly let go of you again.

"Sorry...I..I didn't mean to hurt you...humans are more fragile than I thought.." she mumbled, looking apologetically at you.

You went to grab your arms but immediately felt the ache when you touched them. You gasped, quickly releasing your arms. That might take a while to heal you thought.

"Please..." you heard Sara whisper, causing you to look up at her "tell me he's safe. Please...please tell me my baby's safe from here." She pleaded.

"He's-" you started to cough violently, clutching your neck again as you felt the bruises.

Sara quickly started to rub your back again but you flinched away from her hand, whining in pain. You knew your back was bruised too. All over really.

Sara looked at you, confused by your reaction before she looked at your back. She gasped, seeing your back. You knew she wasn't really paying attention to the already blackening bruises across your back from when she threw you against the wall. But her eyes were focused on the marks of scars on your back.

As soon as you regained your breath you turned to look at her, blocking her view of your back. You didn't need that look from her. Pity.

"I'm fine. It's nothing" you said, your voice cracking through damage.

Her green eyes snapped to your (e/c) ones in a stern motherly way.

"No you must certainly are not! What happened to your back?" She asked

"You threw me against a wall in case you missed that" you mumbled.

"No...that's not what I was....I'm sorry for..." she started to stutter a little and you quickly shook your head.

"It's fine. I said I'm fine." You said.

You could tell she wasn't about to believe you and that look of worry remained on her face. You shook your head, changing the subject.

"Your baby" you started.

Her face changed immediately to an overprotective mother again. She grabbed you again, causing you to start to shake slightly in fear. Her grip was softer but it was still firm enough to hold you in place.

"What's happened to him?! I'll kill you if anything's happened to him! I trusted you!" She shouted

You were surprised at how angry she could get. But once you thought about it it didn't shock you that much. She was a wolf trying to protect her cub. Animals were much more violent than humans. Especially when protecting their young. Then again everyone seemed violent compared to you.

"He's safe I promise you. He's with us. Cobi's with us. He's safe I promise. Nothing over here will get to him or harm him. We're taking care of him" you told her calmly, trying to put her at ease.

She breathed a sigh of relief, letting you go. You realised just how much you were hurting at the moment. And if what Sara was saying was true, you were going to see her again sometime in your further and sometime in her past? You didn't want to get attacked again.

"Why did you send Cobi to us?" You asked her.

"Isn't it obvious. I can't have my baby out here in danger. I'd do anything to protect him. Even give him up" she said, a slight tone of sadness in her voice.

You sighed, the amount of worry she must have been going through was painful to even think about. A Mother's greatest fear is for her child. And that was evident in Sara.

"What happened here?" You asked her, needing to find out one more thing before retiring back to the TARDIS.