Ralis x Reader

Ralis PoV

Roaring winds...

Ash flying everywhere...

Where am I, again?

Who am I?

The sky is red...getting darker...

Darker.....

Darker...

Darker..

Darkness.

Consuming me..

Devouring me...

Where is Y/n?

Who is Y/n?

Wait- Something's here...

disturbing us...

You're alone. Remember that.

~

I woke up breathing heavily, my eyes wide. Y/n was washing some plates, checking on the food for breakfast every now and then.

"Ralis, you're finally awake. It's nearly noon." She said, placing the glass plate on the counter, going back to the food. She mixed it together slowly. How long was I really out? When did I fall asleep? I don't remember falling asleep. Did I pass out? Where am I?

"I..apologize, Y/n. I am a tad confused." Y/n glanced back at me, continuing her stirring.

"How so?" She asked, tapping the mixing spoon on the edge of the pot, then placing it on the counter. Something about her seemed off. I cleared my throat, adjusting myself so I was sitting up. Wait, am I on a couch?

"I..don't remember falling asleep? Nor walking here. How long was I out for? Voices. There were voices! Are we alone here? Alone...why does that word sound so familiar?" Y/n looked kind of concerned.

"Um... well, after a long day of hunting...we went back to my house. Where we both are room mates. You laid on the couch, then fell asleep. Oh, maybe you're just hungry? Hunger can do weird things to you." She poured some of the stew in a bowl, then handed it to me. I stared at it, the chunks of venison, rabbit, and elk. The tomatoey sauce, the seasoning. I bit my lip, then nearly dropped the bowl when I suddenly hear a loud voice.

Don't eat it, you dunce!

I glanced at Y/n who was sitting next to me, enjoying her stew. I placed my stew on the coffee table in front of the couch and crossed my arms.

"Is there something wrong with your food?" She asked politely. I kept my gaze on the steaming food in front of me.

"No, nothing is wrong. I'm just...uh...not hungry, I guess." This time, she placed her stew on the table and turned to face me. Her expression held curiosity and concern once again. Oh, how do I stop being so...weird? I don't want her to be concerned about me.

Spill it. On her.

My eyes widened in surprise. I suddenly had no control. My arms were out and I picked up my stew. Steaming hot, still. I stopped.

"But, it will hurt her." 

Do it, anyway!

Still having no control of my actions, I threw the stew onto her abdomen, hearing her scream in pain and surprise. 

"Ralis! What the- THAT IS HOT! If you didn't like it, you could have just told me!" She yelled. She got up the best she could without spilling the food everywhere, rushing to the bathroom. 

~

An hour? Two hours? Three? I haven't seen her since she rushed to the bathroom. 

Well, maybe she's showering. I would, too, if I had stew on me. But I didn't hear the shower, nor see steam from under the door. I sighed and walked to the door. I knocked on it. Maybe I messed up? Well, of course I did. I'm a dunce. A stupid dunce.

"What do you want?" She snapped from inside.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry about the stew. I...don't know what I was thinking-"

"AM I OKAY? RALIS!" She screamed. Her voice was shaky like she had been crying. 

What a crybaby. 

"Hey, that's not nice. You told me to do it! Who are you, anyway?!" I told the mysterious voice.

I told you to. Your actions were the ones who did it.

"Stop. Just..j-just stop." 

How can I stop something you did? Hmm?

~Y/NS PoV~

I heard Ralis talking to himself. Or, I think himself? I cracked open the door to see Ralis looking at nothing, yet yelling at it.

"Stop. Just..j-just stop." He told the thing. 

"Ralis?" All my anger from before had died down. Ralis looked at me, tears in his eyes. He was on his knees, as if he was weakened. I ran over to him, crouching to his level.

"Ralis! Are you okay?" I asked. He just hugged me, crying softly. I hugged him back for a minute.

~RALIS PoV~

Y/n called me, then ran over to me. I hugged her, spilling out the stress I've gathered. The voice went away when Y/n showed up. 

"Ralis! Are you okay?" She asked me in pure concern. I didn't answer that question. I kept hugging her.

"I..I will be okay. With you." Her face was red after I said that. 

"I mean...not..like that. I mean...I will be okay if I am with you- NOT DATING- I will be okay..if...you're...-" 

~Y/NS PoV~

"I mean...not..like that. I mean...I will be okay if I am with you- NOT DATING- I will be okay..if...you're-" Goodness. I know what you mean. I pressed my lips to his, feeling him stiffen quickly. I pulled away and grinned.

"I know what you mean, dunce!" I chuckled. He blushed and was muttering stuff like, 'Why-how- Dunce?! Who- when-" I pressed my lips to his again, longer, this time. He was finally calm enough to kiss back, wrapping his arms around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. After a minute, we pulled away.

"W-..why didn't you say anything before?" Ralis asked, a pink blush on his cheeks. I ruffled his red hair, messing it up.

"Because I know you'd just stutter. Except longer." I chuckled.

And that, my friends, is how you force a mortal to fall in love. Said a misty voice to his other Daedric friends. 

963 words