Part 4

So I am currently in hiding from y'all for ICBN... I'm going to hide behind this book instead.

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She looks at me expectantly.

"Hey that was amazing in there, why did you run off I was just about to demand an encore" I give her a slight smile but I can see the unshed tears in her eyes.

They are glassy and wet.

"You okay?" I shuffle slightly closer, I was genuinely concerned.

She shook her head and gave a sniff composing herself before bring her head up, "I'm fine it's just I didn't want anyone I knew to see me perform" she tucks a loose hair behind her ear.

I got confused "Why? You're amazing they all should be thanking you for that"

She is still staring at the ground "Because I want anonymity for personal songs" she rubs her nose with the sleeve of her jacket, she looks so small and vulnerable, not the in charge professor I see everyday.

"Well I won't tell anyone, how's that" I bump her shoulder trying to lighten the mood.

"You know what you need" I wag my finger at her and start to smile.

"If it rhymes with Duck Ms Y/L/N I will slap you" she giggles through her tears I look mock offended and put my hand to my chest "I am not all about the duck thank you"

She gives me a pointed look.

"Come on let me cheer you up, you look like you can need it and I've had a tough day, my vocal professor is a real bitch, let me tell you all about her"I smile tilting my head and she starts to laugh.

"I am your teacher Ms y/l/n I don't think me going any where with you would be appropriate" She takes a step back and goes to turn to leave.

I step in front of her. "Technically between 9-5pm you are my teacher, but right now we are two adults on" I look around "34th and 9th and you need the two c's" I give her a wink.

"Ms Y/L/N.." she starts but I interrupt her, I am not taking no for an answer tonight.

"Please call me Y/N, Ariana" I give her another wink.

If I keep winking, she going to think I have a twitch.

"And I'm not taking no for an answer so it's best for both our sakes you just give in now" I shrug my shoulders and then cross my arms showing her I'm serious.

She stares me down and crosses her arms, we engage in a staring contest for around 30 seconds before she throws her arms up in surrender. "Fine! Dare I ask what the two cs are?"

I offer her my hand, "oh you're about to find out!"

She eyes my hand suspiciously "why do I need to hold your hand for this?"

Okay, slightly bitchy.

It's just a hand.

Not the claw.

"Have you seen your heels? And I have seen your performances from 5 years ago on youtube, you are the trip Queen!" her jaw drops "Now you are older than you use to be and I don't want you to fall and break a hip" it's a poor excuse to hold her hand, but it might work.

Ariana looks angry her hand comes up to give me a piece of her mind, but grasp it quickly and intertwine our fingers tight. She doesn't try to pull away.

"Good! Come on grandma" I lead her down the street she hits my arm with her free hand and chuckles.

I walk us a few blocks down and stave off questions from Ariana as to where are going and keep telling her just to trust me.