Part 5

The coffee and cake had been good.

But Ariana's company had been even better.

I couldn't believe how easy it was to talk to her, I felt like I had known her all my life and when she loosened up I think she started to enjoy herself.

"So what do you hope to do after Juliard?" Ariana sipped her third cup of coffee. We both kept accepting the refills.

It could be that we both had a mutual love for coffee.

Or.

We both didn't want the night to end.

"Um, I really want to write and produce music, I enjoy singing but writing and producing are really where my heart lies. I really want to work with artists and hopefully inspire them and they inspire me, also, I am good at putting together sick beats" I was honest in my answer.

"Oh really, have you wrote many songs?" she queries.

"I have books" I smirk.

"Tracks?" she questions.

"More than your back catalogue" I raise an eyebrow at her.

"OOhh I want to see and hear them" she raises her eyebrow back in challenge and puts down her mug.

"I am sure you will Professor" I take a bite of the cake.

"Ariana" she rolls her eyes.

"So what about you?" I'm feeling bold.

"What about me?" she places her mug on her the table.

"What are you going to do after Juliard?" I am curious as to her long term plans.

"Who says I am leaving?" she narrows her eyes at me.

"No one, but, you are wasted there" I look at the table at my honest admission before chancing a look at her.

She looks upset.

"You don't think I'm a good professor?" her voice sounds so small and broken.

My eyebrows raise.

That wasn't what I was trying to say.

"No!" I bark.

"No?" she repeats, her voice has a bite and she shuffles the coffee mug in front of her and I see her reaching for her bag.

"No, No I mean Yes!" Christ this is getting worse.

Ariana starts to stand up to leave.

"I mean yes, you are a fantastic professor" I grab her by the arm and pull her into the booth beside me, she is practically in my lap.

"I mean you're talent, it's wasted in Juliard, you are an amazing artist Ariana, the world is missing out on you" I speak honestly not taking in our current position.

I am to engrossed in trying to get Ariana to listen to me that I don't realise that she is looking between the both of us and surveying our current position.

My hand is on her arm and my other arm has automatically wrapped around her waist holding her firmly in my wrap.

Ariana's hands are on my shoulders.

They are not just placed there.

Her hands have gripped into my shoulders and her thumbs are slowly rubbing my shirt covered skin.

I look at her right hand and watch her thumb move up and down gently and I instantly remove my hand from her arm and wrap it around her waist and interlock my two hands around her waist and pull her tighter to me.