THE SAME NIGHT AFTER THE ESCAPE

Jug's P.O.V

We were still in the van driving back. Betty was in my lap still sleeping. Cheryl and Toni were next to me. Sweet Pea and Fangs were up front. Fangs was driving. I asked Cheryl in a whisper careful not to wake betty up. I asked " why did your mom send u to the Sisters Of Quiet Mercy?" Cheryl answered " She sent me there because I am a lesbian and a serpent and she hates both of those things." After she said that I asnwered with " oh" she looked sad, but i did not really show much affection towards her. As u see I am emotionless most of the time. We arrived back home. In the southside me my dad and sister have a house in the southside. I picked Betty up bridal style and carried her into the house. I walked into the living room to see my Dad sitting on the couch. When he saw me with Betty in my arms. He asked what happened? And Who is this girl? I didn't answer I just went and put betty on my bed. Then when i went out. My dad asked the questions again. I aswered this time.
I said " I heard crying and screaming behind a door at the Sisters Of Quiet Mercy so I busted it down and saw her in a ball with her head in her knees." He asked what her name was, but i felt like that something she would want to tell him. So i did not answer that.  The next thing I know I here a scream from my room. Betty i thought. I started running up the stairs. When i went into my room. I saw her crying in her sleep. And whimpering. I went to go wake her up. Then Betty started to scream again. It was screams filled with pain and fear. Gosh this was just so so sad. I went to go wake her up. When i got to her. I started wispering. " betty wake up." Wake up its just a nightmare." She finally woke up and she saw me and started crying. I toke her in my arms and started rocking us back and forth. Saying  "shhh your alright"  "It was just a nightmare" my dad came in to make sure she everything was alright. She got scared. More and started shaking. And hyperventilating. I told my dad to leave for now.  She just sat there crying. I honestly wondered what happened in her life to make her this broken. She looked up at me. With red and puffy eyes. She said something " where am I"
I answered with " your at my house and in my room." She started crying again. She asked this through crying " d- did I w- wake you u-up?" I answered " no not at all" she looked a little relieved. I asked would you like some water. She said " yes" I still had her in my arms. I was walking her down the steps. When she saw my father in the living room. She started whimpering. I assured her it was ok. She was still to scared and kept her head in my chest not facing the other way. I took her to to the kitchen to get water. I tried to put her on the counter, but she wouldn't let go. So I had to use one hand to get the water. She drank the whole thing. I went to sit in the recliner. With her ib my lap. Just laying her head on me. Not looking at anything. Soon I heard little snores. I looked down and sawshe was asleep again. I looked at my dad he looked at me then to betty and said "poor girl" I said i know. So I just sat in the chair with betty on my lap asleep again. I wispered " you will be ok someday."