Chapter 17 - Bad Behaviour

A/N: less than a month between updates?! What kind of madness is this!??! Anyway, enjoy =)

****

(Still) Jack's POV

The door is still open, I realize absently. The thought is far back in my mind though as the only thing I can focus on is Marvin and his brilliant purple eyes.

"You still with me, Jack?"

"Yeah, but my ... head hurts."

Marvin grins and I drop my head down, trying to pull my hands up to cradle it. "That's to be expected." He grabs my hands and holds them down. "Otherwise you're okay though?" I lift my head back up and Marvin tilts his.

"Mentally, no. What are you going to do now that you have me?"

He squeezes my wrists tighter as his eyes flash brightly with mischief. "We'll get to that once I get my hands on your little pals; thank you for telling me they're here, by the way. That was a very helpful tip, but I should've guessed you didn't end up here by yourself."

I try to pull away, kicking and tossing my head about in hopes of making him loosen his grip, but he lets go on his own and walks behind me, placing his hands on my shoulders. I turn around and watch Marvin motion to Jameson to leave and he does. Turning a little further I can see that Jackieboy is awake now and glaring hard at me. Oh boy.

"What's that look for?" I mumble as I turn away.

"You. You just had to be the hero and come after me. Because of you, we're both captured! And I would guess Jameson was just sent out to grab the others?"

Jackieboy's voice is muffled through his bubble and it makes me feel worse. Why is he in there to begin with? Is it because of me? Is it to keep him from using whatever magic he may have?

Marvin speaks, breaking me out of my thoughts, "I don't know why you're so worried. I haven't actually hurt any of you. You're just overreacting!"

"You stole mine and Anti's magic! By stabbing us in the chest! That bloody hurt, what are you talking about?!"

"Hm, yeah, I guess it would, huh? But other than that-"

"You manipulated Anti, you kidnapped Jack, you killed innocents, you hurt /me, someone you consider a friend? And after everything, you're still pretending you're doing it for all of us. This is for you and you alone, admit it." Jackieboy hisses. I gulp back my own words. He's either really stupid or really trustful that Marvin won't hurt him again to be standing up to him like this.

I peek out the side of my eye to look at Jackieboy again. Glowing tears run down his face, dripping from burning bright white eyes. He looks absolutely terrified, and it makes me wonder how scared I should be after learning of all this.

It's silent for a good while. Marvin keeps a hold on my shoulders, so tight and pushing down so hard that I can't even move to reach my pocket. Part of me wonders if I should even use the knife, given the chance. Jackieboy's already pissed at me, would he be mad if he knew I stole his pocket knife with the intent to hurt Marvin?

Jameson stumbles in moments after these thoughts run through my head. He leans against the wall by the door as footsteps follow down the hallway.

Anti and Schneep bust in and tackle Jameson to the ground. It doesn't even look like they noticed we're here. Anti knocks Jameson unconscious with the butt of a knife; who knows where he got it from.

Marvin leans down further making me squeak under the pressure and they finally turn to us. Schneep's eyes go wide right away and he starts toward us, Marvin specifically, but Marvin puts up a shield before either can get too close.

With a tone to his voice that I can't quite figure out, Marvin turns to talk to Anti. "Ah, how nice to see you again, Anti." Anti's eyes widen, then narrow. Schneep steps up, not noticing the exchange.

"Marvin. Let us in! You von't get what you vant by holding Jack against his vill." Marvin shifts so one hand snakes down my arm to hold me still from my hand.

"Won't I? Fear is stronger than you'd imagine, and Jack's here is pushing him to the breaking point. You won't get to him in time. He'll give me what I want before you two even figure out how to get past the shield."

"You're talking out your ass, Marvin." Anti walks forward, knife in his hand outstretched as he uses it to point. "There's no way you've accumulated enough magic when I still have even some of mine. We all know I have the most power here, no matter how much you steal. Saying that: this shield is weak, and I'll prove it." Anti reaches out to touch the barrier.

"I wouldn't, if I were you~" Marvin warns in a sly tone. Anti grins and shrugs, then makes contact.

He's thrown back quick as can be, hitting the wall with a thud, and immediately falling unconscious. I don't even realize I'm screaming until Marvin clamps a hand over my mouth to stop me. Schneep mildly freaks out and then drops down to examine him.

"Just unconscious, luckily." Schneep breathes, staring down at Anti. Marvin slowly lets the barrier back up, but quickly bubbles Anti and Schneep like he did Jackieboy, all while still keeping me settled with both hands; I couldn't move if I wanted to, I'm in too much shock.

He turns to Jameson and does the same, sending them to settle behind us, then turning me and the chair to face them all.

Anti is faced away from us so I can see a small trail of blood leaking down the inside of the bubble from the back of his head. Schneep is cursing his head off and Jackieboy is crying silently, muffled by his own hand.

Marvin's moves his hand from my mouth and sets it back on my shoulder, but his hands loosen as he admires his work. I take this as my chance to get away.

My sudden movement causes the chair to shift back, startling Marvin into letting me go. "Jack!" I look to Jackieboy; he seems to be staring back at me, but I can't tell with his whited out eyes.

Instead of coming after me, Marvin backs away. He watches me closely as I reach to my pocket for the pocket knife, suddenly realizing its gone. "Fuck!" Angrily, I look back to Marvin. He's leaning against the chair, flipping the blade with a smirk. He stops when he sees me looking.

"What can I say; don't think about your murder plans when you don't know what kind of magic your opponent may possess."

I want to scream, but all that comes out is a quiet, strangled, "uhm ..."

Marvin points the tip at me, then the chair. "Jack, come sit back down. You're not getting out of this easily." I shake my head. One second Marvin's in front of me, the next he's behind me and the pocket knife's blade is to my neck. My breath hitches as he growls into my ear, "I. Said. Sit. Down."

"Calm down." He presses it into my throat more and I can't even breathe without it cutting into me. "I- please?" I squeak.

He lets up a fraction. "I'll be calm if you sit back down. And listen. To me."

"Okay! Okay."

"Thank you." I lift my hand to pull his away from my neck and he does, but he exchanges it for another on my bicep, leading me back to the chair. Marvin shoves me down into it roughly and points at me sternly, as if I'm a small child in need of discipline.

My head dips down again in defeat, and so I don't have to look at him or any of the others anymore.

It gets quiet for a second, until Marvin starts walking away. I lift my head a fraction to see where he's going when the lights go out suddenly, and so does my consciousness.

****

A/N: whoops :o

sorry for any spelling mistakes. i'm still getting used to a new keyboard :D