chapter six

Sophia stood at the tree for only a good hour, growing bored of just contemplating the different ways she could ruin her life even more

Her eyes scanned over the crowd and landed on Rue and Fezco.

She smiled and began making her way over to the seat, sitting down next to Fez.

"Hey Rue, Fez." She acknowledged both and fell back into the seat.

"Yo I didn't know you were coming.." Rue said, "Here," She said and leant over Fez, passing her the little bag of pills.

"Thanks- what do I owe you?" She asked, shoving it in her bag.
"Bout $120" Fez spoke up and she sighed.
"I'll give it to you tomorrow." She said and Rue nodded.

"Right well don't wanna ruin your little love bird situation, gonna go get a drink, bye bitch." Rue said and left.

Sophia crossed her legs, her head feeling droopy as she slid down and put her head on Fez's shoulder.
"You good man?" He asked.

Fez truly felt for the girl, he wanted her to be ok and he knew that she wasn't, though he would do anything to help.

"I'm fine," She whispered and closed her eyes, taking a puff of the cigarette.

"Yo I hate to bring it up.." He started and she swallowed harshly.
"Then don't." She said, letting the air of smoke fall from her lips.

"I need to man.. I care about you, look at you." He said, his eyes showing sympathy.

"yeah I know fezzie," she sighed, "I'm fucking disgusting." She said, licking her lips.

"I don't know what's wrong with you or how to say this right, you gotta stop, your beautiful and your makin it worse." He said, taking another hit from his rolled up bliss.

Sophia lifted her head up and a confused look fell across her face,
"You think I'm beautiful?" She asked.

He let out a long sigh and his breath was stuck, she had leaned forward and pressed her soft lips on his.
He didn't know what to do, she had no idea what she was doing.
Moving her sweet lips against his, she had a sudden realisation and pulled away.

"Why did you-" He started but she panicked and stood up.
"I shouldn't have.. I- I'm sorry." She stuttered and walked away.

The party had just started and she felt she already fucked up.

She moved through the dancing bodies, hearing yelling from the kitchen, she ignored it.
Making her way upstairs and into an empty room.
She felt sick.
As she locked the bathroom door in that room, she leant down to the toilet and emptied her already empty stomach. She couldn't stop and she was scared, as she stood up and looked in the mirror, she pulled the pills out of her pockets and pulled one out.
Grabbing the small cup on the sink, she crushed up the pill and leant down. Sniffing up the drug, letting it sink in and effect her.
She gripped the sink and closed her eyes tightly.
She just wanted the pain to go away.
She wanted to be ok.
She wanted to feel herself again.